Gen3 LS1 head bolt threads in block pulling
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Gen3 LS1 head bolt threads in block pulling
It seems wurth stock them
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Gen3 LS1 head bolt threads in block pulling
Thanks very much for the offer Biggvl, pm sent & again appreciate the offer!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Gen3 LS1 head bolt threads in block pulling
BIG thank you to Biggvl, the thread sert tool worked well & easy with a bit of modding while in engine bay too!
I now have a new drama with my brothers car since I put it back together with thread serts (not that they have anything to do with issue) it had the tri-metal head gaskets & I don't like using them if there's carbon option if both surfaces haven't been properly machined.
So I found a material based Felpro head gasket & used them instead & all fine except once you drive the car for more than 10 minutes (can drive for hours & temp gauge sit's steady at 1/2) but then switch the car off it bubbles in the header tank?
I can't imagine the gaskets would cause this seeing it doesn't leak or overheat, but it's the only thing that I changed the type of what was on it.
I now have a new drama with my brothers car since I put it back together with thread serts (not that they have anything to do with issue) it had the tri-metal head gaskets & I don't like using them if there's carbon option if both surfaces haven't been properly machined.
So I found a material based Felpro head gasket & used them instead & all fine except once you drive the car for more than 10 minutes (can drive for hours & temp gauge sit's steady at 1/2) but then switch the car off it bubbles in the header tank?
I can't imagine the gaskets would cause this seeing it doesn't leak or overheat, but it's the only thing that I changed the type of what was on it.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Gen3 LS1 head bolt threads in block pulling
Pressure cap showing its age?
Did the gaskets have all the same holes?
Did the gaskets have all the same holes?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Gen3 LS1 head bolt threads in block pulling
Yeah rad cap was going to be the first thing I changed, but I'm not 100% sure about ALL the holes in gaskets & kicking myself for not checking now!