https://web.archive.org/web/20130205152 ... re-ratings
Vlad's rides thread
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
this is where the wayback machine comes into play
https://web.archive.org/web/20130205152 ... re-ratings
https://web.archive.org/web/20130205152 ... re-ratings
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Did you ever sort anything with the idle target AFR going to the closed loop value?
Re tuning my car with new engine combo and noticing something very similair.
Can have it idling from 10deg to 90 deg all in closed loop idle. As soon as it hits 44 degrees it jumps to 14.7 for a second. When idle AFR Is around 13.5 at that temp.
Re tuning my car with new engine combo and noticing something very similair.
Can have it idling from 10deg to 90 deg all in closed loop idle. As soon as it hits 44 degrees it jumps to 14.7 for a second. When idle AFR Is around 13.5 at that temp.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah I did sort it iirc. Some table at 44c for 2 sec. Can't remember what the table was or what value I put in.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yesterday I drove the VP, first time for ages as I was interstate for work. I kept hearing to clanging at the back and the engine lacked power. Took ages to get to 80 and wouldn't go much over it without heaps of throttle.
Found the tail pipe was hanging by a thread as the metal on the muffler had fatigued badly, cracks every where and it looked like new still. had the sticker on it and all.
Lucky I had the vacationer still so I raided the rear section which I bought back in 07. After taking off the old one I found the guts had totally broken apart (welds breaking not rusted out) So that must of blocked the exhaust and killed my power. Geez has it woken up now lol.
Must of been some shit brand that just fell apart.
Found the tail pipe was hanging by a thread as the metal on the muffler had fatigued badly, cracks every where and it looked like new still. had the sticker on it and all.
Lucky I had the vacationer still so I raided the rear section which I bought back in 07. After taking off the old one I found the guts had totally broken apart (welds breaking not rusted out) So that must of blocked the exhaust and killed my power. Geez has it woken up now lol.
Must of been some shit brand that just fell apart.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah I had the same thing happen to a VR V6, the internal baffling rusted out and blocked the outlet with only small holes, was ok till be about 3500rpm then just choked, and had a good whistle!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
That will change though.
Going for pacemaker competition extractors. 41mm primaries and 2 1/4" flanged outlets. Perfect for twin cats. Will have a custom y pipe centralized and use VS rear section by redback as they are nice mandrel bend and straight glass packed mufflers for best flow.
Going for pacemaker competition extractors. 41mm primaries and 2 1/4" flanged outlets. Perfect for twin cats. Will have a custom y pipe centralized and use VS rear section by redback as they are nice mandrel bend and straight glass packed mufflers for best flow.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Should fix your fuel economy a bit as well 
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I reckon!, was wondering why it was a bit on and off from day to day.
lol I hear the intake is how hissing under WOT, its drawing much more air .
lol I hear the intake is how hissing under WOT, its drawing much more air .
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Have made an experimental E85 tune and 202T put in his 2c
Bought 20L to play with on the holidays.
Taking this opportunity to see if it has effects on parts and materials found in my fuel system. A jar with some stuff to soak for a long time and see what if anything happens. have 3 types of fuel hose, 24 year old genuine GM hose which I have found flawless despite the age of the hoses now, and danish made? codan brand hose. Also have metals with various different coating and platings, anodized alloy, in tank return hose (factory non re-enforced type), o ring that I use on the fuel system, viton and nitrile (N-buna?)
This stuff smells wicked!, real sweet smell and has a peanut butter after smell lol. I cant smell the petrol component though?
Finished my tank.
Also painted up some more brackets and stuff on the engine, few more to go. The1 is doing some injectors for me, ford 39lb 6 hole ones!
Bought 20L to play with on the holidays.
Taking this opportunity to see if it has effects on parts and materials found in my fuel system. A jar with some stuff to soak for a long time and see what if anything happens. have 3 types of fuel hose, 24 year old genuine GM hose which I have found flawless despite the age of the hoses now, and danish made? codan brand hose. Also have metals with various different coating and platings, anodized alloy, in tank return hose (factory non re-enforced type), o ring that I use on the fuel system, viton and nitrile (N-buna?)
This stuff smells wicked!, real sweet smell and has a peanut butter after smell lol. I cant smell the petrol component though?
Finished my tank.
Also painted up some more brackets and stuff on the engine, few more to go. The1 is doing some injectors for me, ford 39lb 6 hole ones!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Vlad's rides thread
One of the things you need to be careful with is as it soaks up water out of the air and then corrodes metal parts that aren't coated.
Holden changed a lot of parts for the VT that went to Brazil as they run an ethanol mix. From memory steel piping needs to be coated on the inside and some rubber hoses the inside breaks down and releases little bits of rubber that can block filters and injectors.
Holden changed a lot of parts for the VT that went to Brazil as they run an ethanol mix. From memory steel piping needs to be coated on the inside and some rubber hoses the inside breaks down and releases little bits of rubber that can block filters and injectors.