Help Learning TIG
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Help Learning TIG
I'm busy next weekend and one after that but then I'm free, sorry psyolent I can't teach you if you will use the skills for evil. Vlad and myself are on a mission from god to rid the roads of fords, with there constant head gasket failures they seem to be helping us as well lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Help Learning TIG
The rust is also helping along with the atrocious wiring lol
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Help Learning TIG
i will be there, no matter what weekend will organise around it. it was built in 1966, prior to ford being evil ; and employs lucas god of darkness wiring.
we're on a mission from god. love that movie for ever.
that'd make it 23/24 but we have straya day coming up soon - mrs says it might be 25th or 26th. so 30/31 would be the next.
yes, the rust is well underway.
we're on a mission from god. love that movie for ever.
that'd make it 23/24 but we have straya day coming up soon - mrs says it might be 25th or 26th. so 30/31 would be the next.
yes, the rust is well underway.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Help Learning TIG
Ford have allways been evil lol, you can use your mig for rust repairs just put some thin wire in it (with corresponding tip in the torch) and keep the amps down. The secret is to keep the heat down so tack your replacement panel in around the circumference and then tack it every inch. Once that's done get a bucket and a rag and then weld between 2 tacks and cool it down with wet rag straight away. Then move to another 2 tacks away from 1st 2 so your not just heating up the one spot. Lucky you have a ford, there's heaps of scrap to practice on lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Help Learning TIG
LOLOL
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Help Learning TIG
bahahahaha. heaps of scrap. smart ass 
yeah i've done MIG panel repairs before with good success. just want to do TIG as its way neater (on the proviso you can TIG) and cleaner.
yeah i've done MIG panel repairs before with good success. just want to do TIG as its way neater (on the proviso you can TIG) and cleaner.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Help Learning TIG
I bought a TIG and when I play with Aluminium it's a fantastic weld. When I get something serious to weld I turn it into a burnt pile of crap. Don't know what I am doing wrong. I think my welder is possessed.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Help Learning TIG
Yeah if somone comes into work with a peice of shit the weld is fantastic, if
somone comes in with a bit off a show car and are really fussy it's never as good ! If you can tig alloy your doing good, it's harder than mild and stainless, I don't like doing it much as most of alloy work I do is big thick plate and because you need more amps it just burns f....k out of my hands even with big thick gloves. Stainless is my favorite, nice and clean and allways get a good finish !
Boss bought some titanium that we are going to have a play with early this year so that will be fun, wonder what the HQ needs to be fabbed outa titanium lol
somone comes in with a bit off a show car and are really fussy it's never as good ! If you can tig alloy your doing good, it's harder than mild and stainless, I don't like doing it much as most of alloy work I do is big thick plate and because you need more amps it just burns f....k out of my hands even with big thick gloves. Stainless is my favorite, nice and clean and allways get a good finish !
Boss bought some titanium that we are going to have a play with early this year so that will be fun, wonder what the HQ needs to be fabbed outa titanium lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Help Learning TIG
machine me some titanium rods and a crank please!
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Help Learning TIG
Any weekend if fine for me except the 26th (long weekend). How about first weekend in Feb?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...