I am hanging shit on you vlad, i dont mean any disrespect. From someone who has worked their whole life in the industry, i wish i was able to afford your level of attention to detail.
In the retail world, if i where to apply your way of doing things to customer cars, i'd go broke real quick, no one is going to pay me for the time id spend. Its a fine line between doing a great job and doing a shit job. Most workshop customers care about two things, cost and that what you fixed doesnt fuck up unitl long after the cost of the job is forgotten about. Never how it got done...
Like you, i only get to apply extra effort to my own projects because the time is mine.
Maybe you should work in F1 R&D, limitless budget, almost limetless time and only the best is acceptable... That would be dream job for me.
Vlad's rides thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I know what you mean. Thats why I don't give a rats about other stuff thats not urgent, only my own projects and stuff that can't be redone without huge costs.
As for OCD, I was just explaining it because its a very misinformed disease with incorrect stereo type. Same goes as Dyslexia
As for OCD, I was just explaining it because its a very misinformed disease with incorrect stereo type. Same goes as Dyslexia
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Vlad's rides thread
"I have sexdaily. I mean dyslexia."
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
not sure if your requirement for the stud has to be external ?
i did a knock sensor in the 202 just put a bolt into the hole, cut it flat and then drilled and tapped it ?
i did a knock sensor in the 202 just put a bolt into the hole, cut it flat and then drilled and tapped it ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:not sure if your requirement for the stud has to be external ?
i did a knock sensor in the 202 just put a bolt into the hole, cut it flat and then drilled and tapped it ?
looked at that idea but m8 is same size as the m10 thread troughs, basically disintegrating the thread if you try tap it.
One idea I had was to find a m10 bolt with a tall head, machine that flat and tap a thread in the head only allowing to screw on to the bolt itself. So far haven't found a bolt that has enough meat to drill and tap yet.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
so a m10 helicoil will not drop it to the right size ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:so a m10 helicoil will not drop it to the right size ?
dont think so, m10 is 1.5 pitch and m8 is 1.25 pitch
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Sorry if this sounds simplistic, but couldn't you just use an M8 and machine a bush to take up the slack between the shank of the bolt and the knock sensor?
Just a thought.
Just a thought.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
its the other way around. the sensor it M8 and the thread in the head is M10