How to loose 200kgs?....

HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

I'd leave the mud there, bit of weight over the wheels for traction :) I love speedway, I'm hanging for march to go and watch "biggvl" let loose in the light weight commode ! I havnt been for years
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

202 - the only way to race is sideways on dirt :D

The best part of racing on dirt is................... The shower when you get home :lol:


HQ - no, all not required weight is getting the arse (so i can eat more :D), look forward to seeing you there.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

Im donating my injectors to the cause lol.

did you work out the issue with the wideband?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

not yet no, havent looked at it, got the fuel rail out being rewelded atm, (was leaking)...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Holden202T »

don't get me wrong I do enjoy watching speedway, its more when I've crewed for my mates late model team, get really dirty real quick when you have to mend a car after a heat or two!

I think it would be a lot better if they at least had tar or concrete pits!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

Any one come across the problem of the WB afr being offset high by like 5 numbers?

We could see the sequencer but it read like 17, 19 and then back to actual reading of 15 or so.

They are spartain 2 and I have the 0 and 5V set as 10 and 20 afr.

I've had them on my car read really high and not do much, issues was the o2 ground was not a physical ground rather a virtual one so the wb didn't power up properly.

Seems like it is here just massively offset. Big G says the grounds are back to the battery?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Jayme »

what pcm is it running? the wb input on 424 pcms using $11P needs a resistor removed in order to fix an offset?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

yeah its 424.

if that is the case, looks like a pull up resistor and quite a hefty one.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Dylan »

I was speaking to a member on here once who removed the pull up resistor on his 424 as he had done on his 808 too. The 808 was fine afterwards but the 424 developed a trans issue afterwards. Might be ok i n this case with the manual box fitted. He was talking to VL400 at the time but I'm not sure of the outcome.

On my 808 with my spartan 1 wired to the ecu I end up with 0 5 volts set at around 9 and 21 with the resistor in place still.

I have my heater earthed by itself under the dash, under a screw on some clean sheet metal. Then the signal earth to the narrow band earth terminal on the ecu.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

vlad did mention the resistor, got plenty of spare PCM's, i'll cut one out, I assume there is instructions on here somewhere?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...