265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Standard valiant was only 35 amps. The v8 air con cars and late models got the big 55 amper. Yeah 80 amps plus would be more comfortable but wiring upgrade would have to go with it.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

It's no big deal to upgrade the wiring just run a bigger wire from the alternator output to the battery. Some alternators also require a battery sensing wire to be added but from memory you can just run a thin wire from the main output to the sensing terminal if you don't want to run it all the way to the battery. Its there to get a more accurate alternator output at the battery. Not the best way but the simplest. I have a car with a 35 amp alternator running Delco with 12P and it works fine. I suppose if I had a few electrical things happening it might not do the job but for me its OK. Keep up the good work we all are following this project closely. I only wish I lived in Melbourne and could drop in and have a look.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by HQ355 »

Hey Charles I think heff lives in Adelaide , where are you located ? We should organize a catch up in a centralish location one day ? Anyone interested ?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Gareth »

Yep
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Sydney. The net makes it a small world.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Yes I am in Adelaide. Sounds like a good idea but it's hard for me to get away weekends. Many moons would have to align, ha.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by HQ355 »

I lived in Adelaide back in 04-05, my wife is from there as well so we normally get over there a few times a year!
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Jayme »

gee not many of us up northern NSW way.....
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

I am and im still 6hrs south of Jayme hehe
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

HQ355 wrote:I lived in Adelaide back in 04-05, my wife is from there as well so we normally get over there a few times a year!
great, if your coming over let me know.