I have a commercially modified memcal that I want to remove VATS from.
I have read the bin from but the problem is no matter which xdf file I use, the information seems incorrect. So far I've used just about everything I can find on PCM Hacking and things like Number of Cylinders is incorrect.
For example:
11B_V106
OSE_$11P V104
$11 Version 3 xdf
Am I doing something wrong or can these binaries be 'encrypted' so they can be read?
what company made the memcal? what does the memcal look like? any identifying markings? it could be a kalmaker tune or some other custom codebase. possibly identifiable by eye. probably not much anyone here can do without the actual bin file.
Have you tried the1s bin id tool? It could be something which is none of the above, or it could be copy protected. Does it look normal to the eye, or is there an extra chip on there? The are some companies doing custom protection, but its more likely an after market OS which is different to what you have tried.
So to be able to read it and get an identification from the tool means that its not got any form of read protection. What you need is a COME XDF. Unfortunately I dont think any are available. If you are handy with a hex editor you might be look at a VR V6 factory tune, and see where the VATS location is. Take note of byte a few ways each side of it, and you might be able to find the same pattern in that file to figure out which bit (in which byte) you need to change with a little trial and error.
Probably COME used the same bin for V6 and V8 models and included a number of cylinders setting. The string displayed there is just text based on the signature of the code, it does not check for such a calibration setting.