The app will work on ice cream sandwich. USB on the go is the male mini to normal USB female.
BUT the tablet has to have the USB host feature to work. Not all do. I have a 7" tablet I got for free from an electricity company and it works. My 2 Samsung tablets do and my note 4 phone does too as does my old htc max phone. Hope tbis helps.
ALDLDroid Android App
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Last edited by Dylan on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
A quick google looks possible for USB host. http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=1050817
Did you want a pic of ny USB OTG cable? It was about $8 at local Jaycar.
Did you want a pic of ny USB OTG cable? It was about $8 at local Jaycar.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Does anyone have a basic ADX for 12P that will produce a useable XDL log?
I still can't get an XDL log to play back in Tunerpro, they appear to open and Tunerpro goes into playback mode but nothing happens (like when log data is missing when my laptop hard disk goes to sleep!). The "OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol" ADX doesn't connect to the ECU properly with ALDLDroid or Tunerpro, I just get errors - this is with an '082 ECU running 12P v112 using a Moates Autoprom to connect via the standard ALDL wire. The CalcVE ADX seems to work just fine in both Tunerpro and ALDLDroid so I've been using that, with the exception of XDL logs in ALDLDroid (the CSV ones are fine).
I saw a suggestion earlier in this thread that complex calculations might cause issues so I modified the ADX to remove the CalcVE stuff but still no joy. Attached is the latest ADX and XDL log in case that helps, the XDL looks reasonable in a hex editor but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Alternatively if the standard ADX works then maybe I could figure out how to get that to connect properly? I don't see any difference in the connection macro in Tunerpro but could be missing something.
Otherwise ALDLDroid is working great, I have been running the Autoprom emulator and can modify the tune and upload which is really handy, as well as displaying a basic dash with a cheap 7" tablet and of course datalogging. I've set up a subversion repository on my web server to sync files between the tablet and the laptop running Tunerpro so I can make changes and read/write logs without hassle, and I'm sure the automatic version control will come in handy too when I muck something up.
I still can't get an XDL log to play back in Tunerpro, they appear to open and Tunerpro goes into playback mode but nothing happens (like when log data is missing when my laptop hard disk goes to sleep!). The "OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol" ADX doesn't connect to the ECU properly with ALDLDroid or Tunerpro, I just get errors - this is with an '082 ECU running 12P v112 using a Moates Autoprom to connect via the standard ALDL wire. The CalcVE ADX seems to work just fine in both Tunerpro and ALDLDroid so I've been using that, with the exception of XDL logs in ALDLDroid (the CSV ones are fine).
I saw a suggestion earlier in this thread that complex calculations might cause issues so I modified the ADX to remove the CalcVE stuff but still no joy. Attached is the latest ADX and XDL log in case that helps, the XDL looks reasonable in a hex editor but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Alternatively if the standard ADX works then maybe I could figure out how to get that to connect properly? I don't see any difference in the connection macro in Tunerpro but could be missing something.
Otherwise ALDLDroid is working great, I have been running the Autoprom emulator and can modify the tune and upload which is really handy, as well as displaying a basic dash with a cheap 7" tablet and of course datalogging. I've set up a subversion repository on my web server to sync files between the tablet and the laptop running Tunerpro so I can make changes and read/write logs without hassle, and I'm sure the automatic version control will come in handy too when I muck something up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Dylan sorry I did not not get back to your reply.
My solar system on my roof was hit by lightning and it has caused a lot of damage to untold equipment in my workshop. I have spent the last week or so trying to repair the damage so ALDLDroid logging will have to wait for a while.
My solar system on my roof was hit by lightning and it has caused a lot of damage to untold equipment in my workshop. I have spent the last week or so trying to repair the damage so ALDLDroid logging will have to wait for a while.
Dylan wrote:The app will work on ice cream sandwich. USB on the go is the male mini to normal USB female.
BUT the tablet has to have the USB host feature to work. Not all do. I have a 7" tablet I got for free from an electricity company and it works. My 2 Samsung tablets do and my note 4 phone does too as does my old htc max phone. Hope tbis helps.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
thats not good, my workshop has solar too, what sort of damage?My solar system on my roof was hit by lightning and it has caused a lot of damage to untold equipment in my workshop. I have spent the last week or so trying to repair the damage so ALDLDroid logging will have to wait for a while.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Because I was monitoring my solar system everyday via a serial cable/computor into my workshop lightning came down the cable and had destroyed not only the data output of the solar invertor but the serial/USB cable, laptop and router to other PC computers and equipment. still finding damaged things days later after the event. A small ball of lightning was also seen in workshop at the time of the strike.
-
3400tZ
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
- cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
VK_3800, I'm very happy to hear that you're having success with the AutoProm implementation in the app. I spent quite a bit of time on this and never really got any feedback so I'm glad it's not only working for myself. As for the XDL logging, I would be curious if anybody else with 12P are having success logging in the XDL format, using their ADX might be the easiest thing and we could debug more easily by comparing the ADX file. I looked at your ADX file and nothing is looking out of ordinary there. I spent quite a bit of time debugging this XDL stuff and it was working fine for everyone that gave me feedback so far but it's possible something still isn't quite right. The thing is that it's a binary format which is no fun to debug, and the fact that I have to reverse engineer it make things even worse.
kojab, I'm sorry to hear about your solar system, that doesn't sounds really good. Hopefully you can get some money from insurance.
kojab, I'm sorry to hear about your solar system, that doesn't sounds really good. Hopefully you can get some money from insurance.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I haven't logged on the latest releae but in the past I've used a stock 12P adx without trouble. I'll try again in the next few days. Im using a USB interface from here.
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I just got the app and tried to connect to the ECM. In the app, is there an option to choose between USB and Bluetooth? I couldn't find any, my tablet supports OTG as that's how I got the ADX onto the tablet with a USB stick.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
There is no option to switch between bluetooth and USB; you seem to have to pick a bluetooth device regardless (even if its totally irrelevant) but then if the USB is connected it will use that