Maybe I should switch to trying to get the standard ADX to connect without errors then - also forgot to mention that it displays some values between the errors but not in the right place, like its the wrong definitions (must be something simple in the data packet setup)Dylan wrote:I haven't logged on the latest releae but in the past I've used a stock 12P adx without trouble. I'll try again in the next few days. Im using a USB interface from here.
ALDLDroid Android App
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
-
3400tZ
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
- cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
There is no connection type selection in the app. Bottom line is, if an USB cable is connected to a compatible device, it will use that, otherwise it will fallback to Bluetooth. That's why you might see the Bluetooth device selection at first as it will fallback to that if you don't have USB device connected.
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Finally had time to get back to ALDLdroid.
Purchased and managed to get ALDLdroid on my Sandwich.
12P ADX, 12P XDF and 12P bin all placed in ALDldriod dedicated folders but scanning comes up with "None paired"
I am using VL400's OBDII usb interface. Do I need to install FTDI drivers for it? Connection to my Andriod's mini USB port is via a short male mini to female A USB and then VL400's interface.
I know I must be doing something wrong. Could it be I must use a OTG cable? Is what I am using different?
Purchased and managed to get ALDLdroid on my Sandwich.
12P ADX, 12P XDF and 12P bin all placed in ALDldriod dedicated folders but scanning comes up with "None paired"
I am using VL400's OBDII usb interface. Do I need to install FTDI drivers for it? Connection to my Andriod's mini USB port is via a short male mini to female A USB and then VL400's interface.
I know I must be doing something wrong. Could it be I must use a OTG cable? Is what I am using different?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Mine just worked straight up. None paired sounds like it's looking fir a blue tooth device?
Does the editor display the 12P bin and xdf?
Does the editor display the 12P bin and xdf?
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Yes it does.
Gone to lunch. back soon
Gone to lunch. back soon
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
In the settings menu have you loaded the 12P ADX?
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
I cannot find a settings menu for 12 ADX.
Under "Tuning files" I see .xdf and .bin files but have not found a setting for loading the ADX. There is a correct .ADX in the ADX folder
Under "Tuning files" I see .xdf and .bin files but have not found a setting for loading the ADX. There is a correct .ADX in the ADX folder
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Found it under "Data stream file" Only opened when touched. Choice of five ADX's
Now I see the logging screen. Wow this is a great program.
Thanks Dylan for your help.
Now I see the logging screen. Wow this is a great program.
Thanks Dylan for your help.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
You can make your own data dash too. Real handy
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: ALDLDroid Android App
Still have a problem. Since selecting the 12P.ADX I now get the logging screen up with Road speed, MAP, Engine RPM etc but they don't change. When I try and connect to ECU a label comes up and displays "Select device" Scan for devices which I do and it comes back with None paired. None found. Maybe I need a OTG cable?
Will try all Files (XDF, ADX and BIN) in Tunerpro to make sure there is no problems.
Will try all Files (XDF, ADX and BIN) in Tunerpro to make sure there is no problems.