My Delcoed Rides

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by HQ355 »

Nextte give Clive cams a call, you'd be surprised how cheap his rollers are ! Then just run sbc roller lifters as there the same as a Holden 6 arnt they ?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

yeah not sure to be honest!
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by v6bucket »

The lifters are the same dimension, but the block needs some grinding in between the lifters to fit the bars between the lifter. Also need to modify the bars as the Holden 6 has a closer lifter bore spacing. Nothing wrong with using a flat tappet cam, mine runs 262° cam with .609" valve opening, with a 9 port head, from memory it's difficult to get that sort of opening with the 12 port with spring choices.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

Time for painting!
12713930_10154551433772501_149980756_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by vlad01 »

this will be gold!
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by HQ355 »

Install this weekend ? Video please
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by vlad01 »

Are those yella terra alloy heads for 202 any good? Ever used one?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

<<<-- lol yes gold literally :)

hopefully install this weekend yeah, see how I travel, might even get painting done tomorrow, extras on after that then might even be starting to install Friday..... there will be videos once its running ;)

alloy head would be in this build if I had the coin :) ... and no never used one :(
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by HQ355 »

I like the but plug where the dizzy normaly goes lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

Haha thanks! Once I got the crank trigger and 6 coils happening I needed something to fill the hole so I turned that up, has an o-ring in it then just use the normal clamp to hold it down!