immortality wrote:Damn, yeah that is the issue with a public forum, everybody gets to see what you are doing including your competitors ( and officialdom)......
Edit, maybe we need to set up a section only open to registered (and vetted) members......
That's a nice curve on the dyno graph if those springs are weak it can ony get better!
Is that of the latest bin you just posted?
The old tuners figures coud well be BS. I've had an operator show me what they do. He just moved the air temp sensor (connected to the dyno computer) to a warmer spot and the figure climbed about 5-10 kw.
Dylan wrote:That's a nice curve on the dyno graph if those springs are weak it can ony get better!
Is that of the latest bin you just posted?
The old tuners figures coud well be BS. I've had an operator show me what they do. He just moved the air temp sensor (connected to the dyno computer) to a warmer spot and the figure climbed about 5-10 kw.
I've heard of one tuner who would do a power run with it tuned on the ragged edge which he would supposedly give to the customer and then dial it back to a more safe tune.
yeah I started to wonder why all the secrecy but then realised its a race car and not many race cars get to the podium by telling everyone every detail about their car!
not sure whats done to your engine, but I have seen a spencer race engines built ecotec make similar numbers so looks good! this was a mainline dyno and out of calibration, so I cant really compare directly.
it was 20 deg spark from about 4000 onwards to get the most power and im pretty sure the E85 isnt going to cause 12 deg timing difference so id say the cam and/or compression is fairly different.
ill try to dig up the graphs I have of a few so you can compare them and see how yours lines up on the average sort of power curve.
I'd love to get the cam spec for this one just so I can simulate it for model verification.
I have a new engine designed, very unique design as its a combo never done before. According to the sim, it will make 330Kw at the crank. N/A of course.