ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Jayme »

id say thats the problem. ive only ever used it with an otg cable.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

So a FTDI Android driver is not needed?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

The cable I use come from Jaycar about $10. Nothing special I thought just an adapter I've always assumed. Funny enough from the very first time I used it as soon as I plug it in to my VL400 spec interface it's opened ALDLdroid automatically.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

Last time I used it was an older version and I used to have to try to connect twice. First was always an error like yours and second time was a goer.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

USB OTG may be special cabes not jst an adapter as I thought.

http://m.instructables.com/id/Make-a-US ... -easy-way/

Pins need to be shorted to ground to ID it as a OTG cable.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

Yes, you do need an OTG cable, it switches the device in to a USB bus master mode instead of a client like it normally is for PC connectivity where PC is the master.

They are pretty cheap and commonly available. I would buy a couple incase one doesnt work. This is a random unverified seller but it gives you an idea whats out there. Then use the same cable you would to a PC with it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182009794068
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

I think I figured out the XDL issue. According to info here and my digging into the files, the structure of a frame is something like:

* 4 bytes next frame address
* 4 bytes timestamp
* 4 bytes message ID
* 57 bytes actual data as per ADX (for $12P)
* 6 bytes (not sure, not always there in Tunerpro logs but is in my ALDLDroid ones)

Whenever I open any of the ALDLDroid XDL log files in Tunerpro nothing useful happens. If you export it to CSV you get two samples only - the first is perfect, the second is rubbish - but, the timestamp on the second matches the data in the file if the frame did not include the last 6 bytes! Tunerpro doesn't seem to use the next frame address from the beginning of the frame, it uses a fixed length in the header. Comparing a Tunerpro log which has the 6 bytes versus one which doesn't, I see 0x39 (57) at position 0x44 and 0x48 for the one without, and 0x3F (63) for the one that includes it at those positions. The ALDLDroid log has a value of 57 here too, if I change it to 63 then suddenly everything works!

Before and after attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

antus wrote:Yes, you do need an OTG cable, it switches the device in to a USB bus master mode instead of a client like it normally is for PC connectivity where PC is the master.

They are pretty cheap and commonly available. I would buy a couple incase one doesnt work. This is a random unverified seller but it gives you an idea whats out there. Then use the same cable you would to a PC with it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182009794068
Am I reading correct, $1 buy it now and free delivery????
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by HQ355 »

Buy it, it's only a $1 find out !
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

Yes thats right....

@VK_3800 - nice find about the file format! You should also send that to 3400tZ by PM if he doesnt see it in this thread.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396