hey guys.
im trying to mod the spark map on vr v8 auto.
I read the stock chip and modified the main spark map
but when i start the car it goes into limp home mode.
I can read and reburn the stock chip and it runs no worries. its only when I modify the tune.
using the difference tool between stock and stock modifed it appears "KKPGMID checksum" is the only difference. theres 2 of them and there address is 6006 and 6007. I am assuming this is the problem, but i lack the expeirence or im too dumb to fiquire it out.
im using the $11 xdf from this site. 512k chip, and tunerpro.
Im really starting to pull my hair out.
If anyone has any imput. I would really appreciate it.
Cheers
vr v8 auto help needed
-
vrv8
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:53 am
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: vr v8 auto help needed
There is a special way to calculate the checksum on $11 .Tunerpro doesnt calculate it properly .I wrote a post on this site on how i did it .You could also just put AA instead of program id 11.
-
vrv8
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 7:53 am
Re: vr v8 auto help needed
Thankyou! Went in threw hex editor and turned it to AA.
Appreciate ur prompt advise. I would never have sorted that one out by myself.
Needless to say YOU DA MAN.
Appreciate ur prompt advise. I would never have sorted that one out by myself.
Needless to say YOU DA MAN.