VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
nismoa31
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am
cars: mercedes 190e

VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by nismoa31 »

Hi guys,

I have put an ecotec from a VY with getrag 5 speed into my Mercedes 190E track car and i am having trouble getting the coolant fan to operate correctly. The fan comes on about 10 seconds after the engine starts and stays on the whole time regardless of coolant temp.

I have set the low speed fan settings to max and set the high speed fan to turn on at 95C and off at 92C after reading that that may be the problem but it is still the same.

I read in a thread on here that the PCM will switch the high fan on when logging because it does not receive a signal back from the BCM to say that the low speed fan is working while it is disabled. Does this mean that if i do not run a BCM that the fan will never operate correctly because it will never receive a message from the BCM saying that the low speed fan is all good?

I am not running a BCM in my car so is there any way to trick the PCM into thinking that it is all good and let the fan work properly?

DTC 92 - low fan communication failure and DTC 97 - ccp driver failure are the errors that i am getting
Any help would greatly e appreciated.
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by yoda69 »

You'll need to disable DTC92 in the tune then should be ok.
nismoa31
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am
cars: mercedes 190e

Re: VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by nismoa31 »

I am having trouble finding where i might be able to disable DTC 92, there doesn't seem to be anywhere when i open the BIN in tunerpro to modify it. I have tried using both XDF files available for the VY but still cant find it.
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by yoda69 »

Which factory bin are using so I know what xdf to have a look at?
I assume you're just running standard bin file at this stage with VATS off.
nismoa31
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am
cars: mercedes 190e

Re: VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by nismoa31 »

The BIN is just from the factory computer with the vats disabled.

I have attached it below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by yoda69 »

Try this, note I haven't corrected the checksum in it so you'll need to do that when you flash it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nismoa31
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am
cars: mercedes 190e

Re: VY V6 + gterag engine swap into merc

Post by nismoa31 »

Excellent,thank you very much, it works great now :thumbup: