Alloytec VE 2008

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gbarton2
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:32 am
cars: VY Ecotel wagon
2L Turbo Craptiva
2008 VE Alloytec Ute

Alloytec VE 2008

Post by gbarton2 »

I'm new to this forum and might seem like a dumb question. I have a 2008 Holden VE 3.6 Alloytec. Looking at some engine mods and tunning the ecu. The engine mods is the easy bit. The mods to the ecu is is were I need help from you gurus. What software etc do I need?

Thanks in advance

If a man is out in the bush by himself, he makes a statement and if his wife is not there to hear him, Is he still wrong. Hahaha


:driving:
Last edited by gbarton2 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by Dylan »

Horse power tuners does support the alloytec. Not sure on efi live. That's all that I'm aware of.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by Jayme »

last I checked, HPtuners supports all alloytecs and EFIlive supports only SIDI models.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

HPT support all Commodores now ECM & TCM, but EFI-Live also support most but only for reading/flashing not tuning!

Hopefully sometime soon there 'MAY' be a little Aussie devil that may be releasing something, but who knows!?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by Dylan »

I'll be watching! Any LS1 possibilities?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LS1 is a no go seeing it needs a bootloader & beyond programmers abilities last I heard, but there is an app that was released by dimented a while ago that should do all except the fly by wire 1mb controllers!
Then there was xdf & adx's released a while ago to use with avt I believe.

But the 2005 to around 2010 alloytec had very basic controllers & no bootloader needed, but then if it does eventually come through then we'll need to start working on xdf & the likes!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by Dylan »

Been meaning to play with that app of dimented24x7. Wish I was smart enough to make xdf's id be doing them up for the aussie ones. I seen one Antus started on here. Id love to continue that further.
I see on his build thread there's been work on the 1mb pcm support.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Alloytec VE 2008

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Going WAY off topic may want to continue the LS1 talk on its thread with the xdf's & I'll pick it up there!