Isuzu (but ex Holden Rodeo/Colarado) ECU info?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
wintrmute
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:56 pm
cars: Subaru Liberty RS; Suzuki SV650S K7; and a Kona Dew Deluxe bicycle :)

Isuzu (but ex Holden Rodeo/Colarado) ECU info?

Post by wintrmute »

Hi,
Back in the day I used to hack around on the Delco ECU in my VN Commodore, which had a worked and supercharged version of the VR 3.8L V6 in it.
I remember how much of a pain it was to deal with the (very roughly) 160 bps ALDL serial protocol.

Anyway, I currently drive a 2015 Isuzu Mux - wagon body version of the popular Isuzu Dmax, which used to be called the Holden Rodeo I think?
3.0L I4, turbo-diesel, (4JJ1-TC I think?)

I wondered if anyone has experience with software that'll talk to the ECU on these? I *think* it's a Delphi computer, which I gathered has some kind of history with the Delcos I used to play with years ago.. I've been out of the game for too long though.
Could anyone point me towards more specific info and starting points?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by wintrmute on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Isuzu (but ex Holden Rodeo/Colarado) ECU info?

Post by Dazza92VP »

Its the transtron used in isuzu Holden use the delphi
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Isuzu (but ex Holden Rodeo/Colarado) ECU info?

Post by antus »

It seems kess v2 + ecm titanium should support it, though ive not seen that packaged used myself. I would say getting that package would be your best bet.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396