
How to loose 200kgs?....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Sooo.... Back to the start?... Just about ready for the big weigh in


According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
any advances on the engine?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Nah, need to hit the track now, should have raced it last weekend...
Look forward to an engine re-do...
Look forward to an engine re-do...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
That's a clean commodore !
Much left to do ?
Much left to do ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
I've looked into achieving high comp by means of virtually interfering the piston to the head, massively shaved alloy heads with flat faced valves to reduce chamber cc and the best I could do was about 12ish :1. Custom profiled pistons are a must on said engine deign.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Roof number and a little more sign writing, hit the wheel aligner and scales 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
And after...Biggvl wrote:Here's a photo of the before

Wow... It's been a long road, thanks everyone for all the input
But... That isn't the true weight of the car, one of the load cells is a bit out (same amount as first weigh) so this still gives a great idea of the loss. I have another 'higher quality' set of scales which I'll put under the car tonight and post the real weight...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Thats fantastic have to be happy with that. Less weight and more power too? How is the tuning going?
I've just started a car this week first time using 11P (but running a manual trans)
I've just started a car this week first time using 11P (but running a manual trans)
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Yeah more power, much more torque thanks to e85 conversion.
Learned a lot about tuning on this mission, especially with the new fuel. I think that with the dfco wired in and working as well as the closeness of the tune, hopefully will see similar fuel economy. (Very important in endurance racing)...
Learned a lot about tuning on this mission, especially with the new fuel. I think that with the dfco wired in and working as well as the closeness of the tune, hopefully will see similar fuel economy. (Very important in endurance racing)...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

