OK, I'll set it back to 4cyl. Will it throw a netres mismatch error? Can I disable that?
I've also halved KINJFLOW as mentioned earlier
FRAM NVRAM Board
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
no they arent compared to each other so itll be fine. for a TBI 4cyl, you use a TBI memcal and 4cyl in the cal.
im not sure if $54 had single fire tick box set (it isnt defined in that xdf) so it its way lean then double it again.
other than that, leave all the 'process codes' alone and only untick the 'CEL enable' as you want it to process the code. change ESC params - Coolant temp enable to 154 to disable the knock sensor.
you are are probably going to have AE issues as well.
you will need to alter the first and second stage crank base pulse width. this is the number of ms to fire injectors during crank. it will be affected. it will prob end up a trial and error thing.
im not sure if $54 had single fire tick box set (it isnt defined in that xdf) so it its way lean then double it again.
other than that, leave all the 'process codes' alone and only untick the 'CEL enable' as you want it to process the code. change ESC params - Coolant temp enable to 154 to disable the knock sensor.
you are are probably going to have AE issues as well.
you will need to alter the first and second stage crank base pulse width. this is the number of ms to fire injectors during crank. it will be affected. it will prob end up a trial and error thing.
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
I had an issue yesterday after trying to play with a few values in $54 where the injector stuck on, car stalled, about a cup of fuel came out of the throttle body before I realised what was going on... I thought if the CPU crashed it would default to the netres settings. Which I guess is flood the engine...
I may have played with a few process code functions. I'll put them back the way I found them.
I'll do the other updates as you suggest and see if it runs. Not too fussed about AE just yet, I am fully expecting them to take a few attempts to iron out...
I may have played with a few process code functions. I'll put them back the way I found them.
I'll do the other updates as you suggest and see if it runs. Not too fussed about AE just yet, I am fully expecting them to take a few attempts to iron out...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
Possibly a check sum error with modding the $54 bin?
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
Possibly, I had the value set to $AA which is ignore checksum? And it started and ran for a minute or two so who knows!
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
I'm just fixing up the timing map, A lot of bugs on Megasquirt say 34 is about as high as you ever want to take it so I'll try 34 at WOT.
Do I need to consider the base timing (10deg btdc) when working with the maps? I.e. is 22deg on my main spark map actually 22deg as seen by the timing light? Or is it added/subtracted from the 10deg base?
I recall seeing 33deg on the timing wheel at around 2000rpm, no load which doesn't add up with the stock timing map on the TBI memcal.
Do I need to consider the base timing (10deg btdc) when working with the maps? I.e. is 22deg on my main spark map actually 22deg as seen by the timing light? Or is it added/subtracted from the 10deg base?
I recall seeing 33deg on the timing wheel at around 2000rpm, no load which doesn't add up with the stock timing map on the TBI memcal.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
yeah the number in the map should be the number its aiming for..... no need to add or subtract anything. best off using the number in the datastream tho as thats the final number after any temp corrections. easy way to confirm things are working is to earth the diagnostic pin so that the check engine light flashes.... start your engine... in diagnostic mode the ecu tries to aim for 10 deg... confirm your timing light is 10 deg.
if its 10 deg with ecu disconnected and not 10 deg when you are running in diag mode, then generally your ref angle is wrong.
if its 10 deg with ecu disconnected and not 10 deg when you are running in diag mode, then generally your ref angle is wrong.
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
Is the reference angle generally ok with the camira setup? I'll definitely confirm it is 10deg via diagnostics first.
Ill go back through and take all temp corrections off too. The CLT isn't yet installed on the head but will give a good representation of engine temp. Best to remove all unwanted variables.
Ill go back through and take all temp corrections off too. The CLT isn't yet installed on the head but will give a good representation of engine temp. Best to remove all unwanted variables.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
in the stock TBI tune, I can see 33 deg at 2000 rpm 60 kpa... so its in the ballpark, depending what vacuum the little bug likes to idle at, it may have been right.
-
BennVenn
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
- cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200
- Location: Windellama, NSW
Re: FRAM NVRAM Board
It just doesn't end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may have just lost everything. Again...
In other news, my 4cyl memcal with the netres cut to TBI mode just squirts fuell at 100% duty. I don't believe the diagram is correct. 12p is flashed on there and verified. Tried in 2 ecu's. Definitely the netres
I was really hoping to do some logging today.
I may have just lost everything. Again...
In other news, my 4cyl memcal with the netres cut to TBI mode just squirts fuell at 100% duty. I don't believe the diagram is correct. 12p is flashed on there and verified. Tried in 2 ecu's. Definitely the netres
I was really hoping to do some logging today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.