Engine wont start after swap
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Engine wont start after swap
Could it be something simple like some earths that didn't get reconnected after the engine swap?
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Engine wont start after swap
I think that's my next option as I've just put in the new inhibitor switch and still nothing. Same symptoms as before.immortality wrote:I think I have a flash pcm around here somewhere but it would need to be flashed with vats disabled tune otherwise I think you will have to link the pcm/bcm.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Engine wont start after swap
I've done a full check over of the motor. All earths and plugs are all connected. Fuses are all fine. I've just replaced the inhibitor switch and still nothing. Tryed jumping it at the starter relay and noting. All I have is a running pump, something In the engine bay moving. And reds on dash. And the low fuel chime even though the tanks full :/festy wrote:Could it be something simple like some earths that didn't get reconnected after the engine swap?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Engine wont start after swap
something's certainly wrong with the PCM and/or it's power supply...low fuel chime even though the tanks full :/
did the engine turn over?Tryed jumping it at the starter relay and noting.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Engine wont start after swap
Just went and found the bugger, VX PCM, 16269248 DMTY
As far as I know it's completely standard, it's yours if you need it.
As far as I know it's completely standard, it's yours if you need it.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Engine wont start after swap
Nope nothing at starter relay. With ignition in the on position (as if to unlock steering) and I bridge the start solenoid and main harness wire at the starter motor itself the car will turn on the fuel pump again but starter won't engage. Battery light comes up on dash but nothing else.Biggvl wrote:something's certainly wrong with the PCM and/or it's power supply...low fuel chime even though the tanks full :/
did the engine turn over?Tryed jumping it at the starter relay and noting.
This is really strange.
All security and radio security lights flash normally.
When key on the reds everything comes up normally all dash lights etc go out after about a second or so leaving only the engine handbrake and oil pressure light on.
Then a second after that traction control and srs light come up. ( which is what I thought the chime was for )
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Engine wont start after swap
Do you have a bench setup so you could remove vats?immortality wrote:Just went and found the bugger, VX PCM, 16269248 DMTY
As far as I know it's completely standard, it's yours if you need it.
I unfortunately sold my aldl lead to the guy who brought my SS so I no longer have one which is proving to be a real ass lately.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Engine wont start after swap
With the pcm unplugged dash does what it was doing before. But no chime and only the trac off light comes up about 5seconds later but no srs like before. No fuel pump prime but there are some relays clicking in the engine bay...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Engine wont start after swap
No, no bench setup unfortunately and not really sure what I need to do so. Never played with flash PCM's.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Engine wont start after swap
I'd concentrate on why the engine won't crank.. Bypassing the relay should make it crank reguardless of where the key is, you could bypass the park/neutral switch on the trans (should be purple wires), me thinks this is the root of your cranking issue
P.S if you are going to bypass the park switch, please make sure the car isn't in gear, the park brake is on and you aren't under it...
P.S if you are going to bypass the park switch, please make sure the car isn't in gear, the park brake is on and you aren't under it...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...