Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Pulling out my full spool in the new year. Let me know if any are interested. Will come with carrier bearings (less than 100km) but no gears. Make an offer.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by vlad01 »

Any updates on the build? Been itching to see some pr0n.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Progress has been a little slow. I have been more involved with the running of the car club, and my wife lost her job a couple of months back, but, I have a few thing around the house to get done and will be knee deep by mid Jan, trying to get the car ready for Gatton. I know excuses excuses.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Little bit of action happening again. I'll keep you posted. :)
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

I've started knocking up some flanges and modifying the manifold. I've dropped some pictures for those who may be interested-

Home manifold resurface-
image.jpeg
Various flanges-
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Gareth »

nice :thumbup: you've been busy
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by vlad01 »

are the heads and block machined?
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

vlad01 wrote:are the heads and block machined?
I see what you are getting at. :) But no. The reason for the resurface is that I have welded up some ports on one face, the manifold was not warped, but I needed to bring those welded parts down to the original flange face.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by vlad01 »

just giving a heads up. only 10 thou off the head and block and non genuine head gaskets needs 40 thou of each face on the manifold machined off for good fit.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

vlad01 wrote:just giving a heads up. only 10 thou off the head and block and non genuine head gaskets needs 40 thou of each face on the manifold machined off for good fit.
Removed less than 2 thou from existing face. (Flat piece of glass, 400 wet&dry lubed with inox). Thanks for the heads up though :thumbup: :)