thats pretty much how it was rebuilding my trimaticBiggvl wrote:a decent shop manual is a must (gmh one is best) its a little bit of a jigsaw your first time but after that its easy, just need to focus on clearances and thrust and making sure theyre right. You will need access to some sort of press.
you have little to loose in having a go...
Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I've found a great teardown and rebuild manual for the Holden t5. It's a little large to post here, but here's a link for downloading.
http://www.allcarmanuals.com/factory-se ... an-VR.html
Vlad, I may be picking you brains soon for some part numbers if you don't mind....
http://www.allcarmanuals.com/factory-se ... an-VR.html
Vlad, I may be picking you brains soon for some part numbers if you don't mind....
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
part numbers for?
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Vlad's rides thread
T5 parts.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
i don't know any part numbers and there is no real cross references to the v6 T5 as they are globally a unique box with no core interchangeable parts other than general wearables like bearings syncros, general hardware.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Vlad's rides thread
So how do you know if the parts you ordered from the gearbox.org are correct?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
TdracerTd wrote:So how do you know if the parts you ordered from the gearbox.org are correct?
because they fit all world class t5, and I just bought them before on speculation as the box number doesn't exist anywhere.
The guy from that site said the number was similar to 80s 5L mustang non world class. I disregarded this.
Looking at workshop manuals for holden they mention paper lined and carbon syncro rings so this told me they must be world class and non world class are all brass syncros
Bought the stuff and handed it over to a young bloke ex gearbox mechanic and he rebuilt it with those parts no probs.
So round 2 on those same parts.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I want to get these one day. The only aftermarket gear set for our weird v6 T5. And PPG are regarded one of the best for gears.
http://ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=34
http://ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=34
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yeah, I know what you mean, not sure what price the ppg gearsets run, but robin at perfourmance can do saloon car gearsets. Robin has a great reputation up here and I wouldn't hesitate to go by his advice. Here's a link to what he can supply including prices.
http://www.pms.net.au/03_gearbox.htm
http://www.pms.net.au/03_gearbox.htm
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Isn't one of the big issues with the T5 the case strength which would be the ultimate limiting factor once the basics have been sorted?