HELP
New to this I have a vp v8 commodore bt1 converted to manual I changed the ecu to a vs
Now how do I set up all this stuff as it needs a tune and I don't know what else I need if anything.
VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
-
Wayhard69
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:15 pm
- cars: Vp v8 bt1
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
why have you used a VS ecu?
just use the stock vp one, plug in the manual patch loom for the transmission, the one that goes though the tunnel.
Im assuming the car was originally v8? if so then no changes are needed to the original ecu and will just need the tune changed to a manual one.
just use the stock vp one, plug in the manual patch loom for the transmission, the one that goes though the tunnel.
Im assuming the car was originally v8? if so then no changes are needed to the original ecu and will just need the tune changed to a manual one.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
From memory most if not all VN VP tunes were for both transmissions.
It waits a short time for a park neutral signal and if it's not received it assumes manual trans.
It waits a short time for a park neutral signal and if it's not received it assumes manual trans.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
Thats the case with some V6 tunes being both transmission, most v8 ones are auto only and idle too high on a manual.Dylan wrote:From memory most if not all VN VP tunes were for both transmissions.
It waits a short time for a park neutral signal and if it's not received it assumes manual trans.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
have a look at the mecal number and check it against the bin files here to see if the stock one suits manual or not.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
Had a look and yes v6 are mostly for both auto and manual and the v8 ones tend to be either one but not many cases of both, mostly auto tunes anyway.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
Had a look and yes v6 are mostly for both auto and manual and the v8 ones tend to be either one but not many cases of both, mostly auto tunes anyway.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
Auto tunes have a manual idle table never checked if it's the same speed as the auto or not.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
Dylan wrote:Auto tunes have a manual idle table never checked if it's the same speed as the auto or not.
We had this with a VN ss at big G's shop and it had an auto tune, idled at like 950 or around that and made it hard for the owner to drive it. So we erased the factory eprom and programmed it with a suitable stock manual tune, idled perfect after that.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
Put the VN ECU back in and see if will start, or just swap the memcal said over. This assumes it is a VS V8 manual ECU, so is same as the 808 but with high speed communication.
If it's running a VS memcal it will need to have the VATS disabled if running in a VN.
Where are you located? Maybe someone nearby who can help you out.
If it's running a VS memcal it will need to have the VATS disabled if running in a VN.
Where are you located? Maybe someone nearby who can help you out.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
isn't vs v8 maf?
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VP V8 BT1 CONVERTED TO MANUAL WITH VS V8 ECU
nope... VS series 3 ute was maf (because it was built in VT production years) VS v8 series 1 and 2 are MAP like VR