ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

I tried this out this afternoon - first time I've bought an app and it took me longer to work out google play payment than it did to get aldldroid connected and logging :lol:

No dramas at all connecting to an 808 with a $15 FTDI USB TTL module and a $1 OTG cable. My SGS3 logs the standard 12P message at around 7-8 Hz which is decent enough. No issues with opening and playing the logs in TP.

I tried tuning but no surprise it doesn't detect the NVRAM:

Code: Select all

[INFO] (Real time tuning) 04/01/16 18:58:55.632 buildCommand got command: V (56) Address: 0 Bank type: NONE
[INFO] (Real time tuning) 04/01/16 18:58:55.633 Sending command to real time tuning hardware:
[INFO] (Real time tuning) 04/01/16 18:58:55.634  56 56                                                                                                                   VV
[INFO] (Real time tuning) 04/01/16 18:58:56.637 Got response from real time tuning hardware:
[INFO] (Real time tuning) 04/01/16 18:58:56.638
I know 12P now determines NVRAM status on boot, so maybe an easy way for aldldroid to detect NVRAM hardware could be by adding an adx tx/rx command to the connect macro that populated a write check status item?

There's a couple of little UI quirks (could be user error though) but so far I'm impressed :thumbup:
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

Glad its working but i dont think the realtime component was ever completed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

NVRAM discussion seems to come back every few pages of this thread :D Basically, the current app doesn't has any NVRAM code at all in it, the "VV" command that is sent is for detecting Moates hardware and that's it. I do have a branch where a lot of the NVRAM stuff is completed. As previously discussed in this thread, I would need the hardware the be able to finish the implementation and test it. It's a matter of a few evenings of coding at this point and it should be good to go. I believe antus is still looking to eventually send the hardware again so until then, nothing can happen on that front. That being said, it is totally OK as I have a lot of other things I'm working on for the app at this time and not that much time for the app, but once I get the hardware for NVRAM, I would put it pretty high priority in the TODO list :)

And I'm glad you're envoying the app so far festy!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by antus »

Too many projects this side too :oops:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

I can send you an ECU with NVRAM if that helps?
I don't have a spare FTDI TTL module as I usually use CP2102s and had to buy one just to try out aldldroid, but if you've got one there I can wire in a header for it.
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

Basically, I need an '808 ECU with NVRAM module and comms board and part of the loom (pig tail) to be able to wire it up on my bench test (antus please correct me if I'm wrong :P). I also have to keep that ECU to be able to test in the future. I do have a programmer for the NVRAM chip but that's it.

If you guys want to team up or something, I'm cool with that. As long as I get everything, I can make the rest happen :P
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

You shouldn't need a whole wiring harness, just a couple of wires for batt, switched ignition and ground.
For testing RT you don't really need valid sensor data.
I can spare a modded 808 and NVRAM, that's no problem.
I'll PM you later to sort out the details.
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

Yes, I just mean the connectors with part of the wires. This is the setup I had until everything magically stopped working:

Image
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by festy »

An RT modded 808 is now on it's way to Canada, watch this space I guess...
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

Awesome work Festy thanks mate! Plenty will benefit from this.