Recalibrating vn speedo
-
wagond
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:14 am
- cars: vn 5.0 5spd wagon
56 Bedford bus,hot as hell 202 powered!
pajero sh**ter! - Location: motueka dragstrip whenever possible
Recalibrating vn speedo
Hi people!seeing as im about to change my diff ratio a bit more drastically this time(4.11)i thought it might be time to fit the speedo corrector ive had on my wall for a couple years now!so the instructions say find the vss wire,blue and white from what i have bn able to suss out from my haynes book.cut and attach wires in the appropriate sequence on the corrector.there is a buffered passthrough(whatever that means?!)wire also from the corrector,am i right in thinking it goes to a brown and white wire(pin a10 on the delco)?anybody have any good ideas,previous experience with these? 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Recalibrating vn speedo
I havnt seen that one or used it but from what I've seen there's a few dodgy ones that just don't seem to work, if you find that it's not working I can reccomend festy's one or I think Dylan used a dakota digital one (correct me if I'm wrong please) whatever you do the jaycar ones are useless
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Recalibrating vn speedo
The Dakota one I fitted to a mates is fantastic. But in the older style box's like the VN's I've fitted a different drive gear in the past. Cheapest and easiest way of all.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Recalibrating vn speedo
See how to recallibrate a vn speedo here http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396