Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:WA - wait a while. never been - sounds like a top place very laid back and chilled. this side of AUS could do to learn a thing or two from that action. we need to chill the fuck out.

+1000


you should check out their airport, incredible! I rate it the best one in whole oz and by a long shot. So damn chilled out and tones of space and homely design. Not the mental institution style design the others are.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by HQ355 »

Been a while since I've been to WA but would love to go back, I love that the police don't seem to go more than 50 k out of town so there's not really any speed limit out in the middle of nowhere :) also love freo, plenty of cold beer and hot girls with big jugs :) :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by vlad01 »

i loved the fact i was there in the cbd and the airport at peak times on Easter eve and it was half as busy than 10pm on a weekday in Melbourne.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by Dazza92VP »

Can't believe you guys want to come here all the good gear and things to do are all over in eastern states. As for the airport you must have missed the main renno they have been doing here since the beginning of time roads changed every week some times days people driving up wrong side of roads and confused were to turn absolute chaos
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by vlad01 »

chaos? LOL

you need a trip to the east to see chaos in its real form.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by psyolent »

yeah for a period of time and you'll be dying to get back to WA. sounds like the place for me. melbourne blows.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by vlad01 »

Perth is where melbourne was 30 years ago but more chilled.

melbourne has a lot of good stuff when it comes to industry and automotive stuff but the rest sucks balls. Sydney is worse and their auto industry I noticed revolves around jap stuff :thumbdown:

Blow the whole place up and start again but don't let the dickhead city planers do the job, just look at how Canberra turned out :lol:
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by Jayme »

vlad01 wrote: Sydney is worse and their auto industry I noticed revolves around jap stuff :thumbdown:
take sydney based mighty car mods as a prime example.... all I hear out of their mouths is jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm ffs cars dont revolve around japan guys :rant:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by vlad01 »

Jayme wrote:
vlad01 wrote: Sydney is worse and their auto industry I noticed revolves around jap stuff :thumbdown:
take sydney based mighty car mods as a prime example.... all I hear out of their mouths is jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm jdm ffs cars dont revolve around japan guys :rant:
LOL

Every time im in sydney, Im like where are the good cars?

I have been there probably 20+ times in the last 5 years and have not seen any good aussie cars older than late 2000s

Only honda fart cans and shitty shitarus, bitsaremissing etc...
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Anyone go to Avalon today to watch burnouts?

Post by Holden202T »

yeah we all live a safe distance out of Sydney :P