GDay All. I bought a 304 V8 that I'm putting into a Torana with a trimatic/t350. I was going to buy a megasquirt, but to save money I thought I might try the delco first. My pcm doesn't have a sticker on it to identify what model it is but judging by the BLCC 5074 memcal its a Delco 16176424. Memcal ID Tool says:
$11 VR V8 5.0L Automatic Revision B
Detected MD5 6872c227a699c20432eaaaff2ce55370 IN AREA 0x9000, 0xFFFF
Detected CYL Bitflag 3bd142a8d43e2083c631f54748970122 AT 0x8008 & 8009
I have been able to successfully get my programmer to read the memcal. (attached)
What is my next step to get this pcm running?
Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
-
h4x0r
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
easiest way in go in custom code section and download OSE$11p zip folder from its thread and use that it has all the matching xdf and adx files for tuning and logging.flip the vats flag off save and burn the tune and is ready to start
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
Definetely the go burn 11P on and mod from there. Do you have a UV eraser for the stock EPROM?
Any engine mods? Stock tunes are pretty tame.
Any engine mods? Stock tunes are pretty tame.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
Does the turbo 350 have electronic controls? I didn't think they did and if not why would you use 11P over 12P.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
Because he already has that ecu and wiring is why I suggested staying with it. Speedo adapters are available or just set up to not run one and see it runs as the adapters are very expensive. I've ran manual trans on 11P before with good success by flagging the auto trans stuff. But if you were starting with nothing I'd go an 808.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
Charlescrown wrote:Does the turbo 350 have electronic controls? I didn't think they did and if not why would you use 11P over 12P.
I used 11P in a spark only conversion just recently, the main reason being, 11P has a spark cut limiter, 12P does not as the hardware controls spark in the 808. just one more reason to use 11P
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
Points noted. Yea the spark cut is a big bonus particularly with boosted engines. I suppose with the speedo the Torana cable would fit the transmission but to get the pulses needed an inline adapter would be the way to go.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
I've tuned a few cars without speed signals to the ecu. They were stock motors and it worked fine. I dont know how a heavily worked motor would go on decel or a slow down for a corner etc. But could be worth a try to save a few dollars. Look at HQ355 thread on fitting the VN speedo drive to his HQ's cluster.
-
h4x0r
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Re: Newbie EFI 304 into Torana - VATS Memcal Programming
My programmer isn't writing to the memcal so I have ordered a UV eraser from ebay. Do I have to unsolder the 28 pin memcal chip or can I place that whole black strip piece including the other 2 smaller chips in the UV eraser? Maybe it will be easier for me to order an NVRAM unit?
A few questions asking of my setup. I have a trimatic on the motor at the moment which uses a vacuum line. Its not electronic. For the speedo I was going to order the Autometer GPS sender for my gauge instead.
The motor has a custom camshaft installed and double row timing chains but I believe everything else is stock. The previous owner was running a carburetor. I'm installing the original fuel injection system. I just want to get the motor running first and hopefully learn how to improve tuning after that. Eventually I want to use E85 and then maybe a GT35 turbo.
I have no idea what the camshaft is. Looks custom (attached photo of markings on it)
A few questions asking of my setup. I have a trimatic on the motor at the moment which uses a vacuum line. Its not electronic. For the speedo I was going to order the Autometer GPS sender for my gauge instead.
The motor has a custom camshaft installed and double row timing chains but I believe everything else is stock. The previous owner was running a carburetor. I'm installing the original fuel injection system. I just want to get the motor running first and hopefully learn how to improve tuning after that. Eventually I want to use E85 and then maybe a GT35 turbo.
I have no idea what the camshaft is. Looks custom (attached photo of markings on it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.