i understand that much, but are they just dress up bolts or for certain areas to strengthen ?vlad01 wrote:T5.
Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Not if I ban you first.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
No arp stainless are 170,000 psi which is similar to 12.9 class metric. The stock bolts are 8.8 which is about 120,000psi. A4-70 is only about 90,000 aka normal stainless bolts.Holden202T wrote:i understand that much, but are they just dress up bolts or for certain areas to strengthen ?vlad01 wrote:T5.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
they are vlad spec. nuff said.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Nothing like getting run over by Vlad spec car, you get to see all the shiny bolts and parts
best bit is he has to go home for weeks to clean off all your blood and guts
-
ralcool
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
- cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo
Re: Vlad's rides thread
My old metal work teacher explained that before we seek medical attention for injuries, we had to ensure all blood was removed from the machine... can't have it rusting now.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
The whole idea of the coatings, fasteners and such Im using is so that I can really easily wash the drivetrain down and without making it all corrode.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: Vlad's rides thread
If you have good tools those smaller 12 point heads are much nicer to work with in tight areas too
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah thats one reason I love them.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
well my T5 has gone in for a makeover. Going to pickup the case and few bits in about 2-3 weeks for my touch before returning them with the upgrade parts for them to do their magic.
I Have taken a before photo haha. Will post that on completion.
I Have taken a before photo haha. Will post that on completion.