That last meme has been around more than a decade, years and years before the term meme was even coined. Respect the elders of the internet you you get a whack in the face with the all might banstick.
Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
lol you guys, such internet youngsters 
That last meme has been around more than a decade, years and years before the term meme was even coined. Respect the elders of the internet you you get a whack in the face with the all might banstick.
That last meme has been around more than a decade, years and years before the term meme was even coined. Respect the elders of the internet you you get a whack in the face with the all might banstick.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I still want to ban you...
'Internet Elder", FFS!
'Internet Elder", FFS!
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
haha. Yeah i've been using it since about 96 or 97 only a few years after the invent of modern internet as we know it. I remember when google first started in a garage back in 1999
Who remembers netscape navigator?
Who remembers firefox beta 0.7? yep thats how long I have been using it lol
Who remembers netscape navigator?
Who remembers firefox beta 0.7? yep thats how long I have been using it lol
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yep, I remember Netscape Navigator, was the browser of choice until MS killed it by giving IE away free with every OS as a packaged bundle.
Those were the days, I still remember the old 56k modems and message boards.......
Those were the days, I still remember the old 56k modems and message boards.......
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
lol yeah those were the days. was pretty cool stuff for a little kid that I was in primary school.immortality wrote:Yep, I remember Netscape Navigator, was the browser of choice until MS killed it by giving IE away free with every OS as a packaged bundle.
Those were the days, I still remember the old 56k modems and message boards.......
Now days technological advancement doesn't have the same excitement to it anymore.
like 4 nm transistors, 7 atoms wide. meh, electrons are so last century. Bring on qbits already cos quantum super position is where its at.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I have a problem with my Commodore 64 .........
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10017
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vlad's rides thread
C64 eh, well at least it didnt have bank switching to deal with. My first was one of these, the amstrad cpc 6128. Problem was it was a z80 processor which could only access 64k at once, so apps needed to do some funky bank switching to access the high 64k. Hang on a second, really this thing was pretty on par (sort of) spec wise with VT-VY delco with an nvram lol. Just it had a 3" (non-standard) disk drive, gfx and sound.
. Learned to program as a kid on one of these. How those old school gurus came up with the binary code that ran so much faster than my basic code from the printed computer magazines was a mystery to me. I didnt even know assembly code existed and no internet to tell me.

. Learned to program as a kid on one of these. How those old school gurus came up with the binary code that ran so much faster than my basic code from the printed computer magazines was a mystery to me. I didnt even know assembly code existed and no internet to tell me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
lol Wow
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
see antus i think you're my generation. i wasn't privleged enough to have color and a disk drive, albeit non standard 3" type. i had the 464 with green screen we bought from billy guyatts so no bank switching for me. my mate had the 664 and my wife ironically had the 6128. i still have the red amstrad book at home buried away somewhere too. pffft, 56K modems, jeezus, i started with an apple 300 baud modem logging on to BBS' as my internet. watching sam fox' tits render line by line in black and white was fucking awesome - let me give you the mail.
so who remembers trumpet winsock and all that shit you had to get, to get an IP stack running under 3.1.
so who remembers trumpet winsock and all that shit you had to get, to get an IP stack running under 3.1.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
HA! I remember thatwatching sam fox' tits render line by line in black and white was fucking awesome - let me give you the mail.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...