ALDLDroid Android App

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

Oh geez... I'm going to get that figured out next week, sorry :/ Thanks for reporting this issue.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

Awesome, thanks. Not much to go on but hopefully you know what's happening there, let me know if you need more
3400tZ
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:50 am
cars: 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - 3400 swap, turbo intercooled
2001 Pontiac Grand am GT
2002 Pontiac Grand am GT

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by 3400tZ »

I had to modify some stuff around the Moates hardware detection when I added the NVRAM stuff and the plan was to go back to the AutoProm (and/or Ostrich) and test that but I forgot. I do have a bunch of Moates hardware around so I will be able to test, sounds easy enough to reproduce but I will let you know if I need anything else.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dazza92VP »

apps looking really good connecting to my 808 with rs232 ftdi cable perfect except for one ADX causing it to fail to connect OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol with calcVE but the adx with out calcVE connects fine and also gets a checksum error when connecting to an 808 with sxr emulator and usb aldl adaptor and is there also an option to get bin or cal option pushed to in circulation versions already or is it still in development? i can throw up a debug log of it failing to connect to the sxr 808 if you want.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

For some reason one of those ADX files (fresh from the 12P zip download) has a different echo setting which tripped me up on ALDLDroid (didn't bother Tunerpro), change it in Tunerpro to match the working one and save fixed that issue.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by VK_3800 »

Everything is working again in the latest version, thanks
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Holden202T »

so I finally got on the band wagon!

This is a test of aldldroid with 808 using serial to usb adaptor and $12P..... seems to all work nicely.

logging and downloading cal all seems to work well, I couldn't change anything as there isn't an nvram in the computer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfzei-O83o[/youtube]

hopefully in the next few days i'll be able to test it with $11P in the Bedford!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Dylan »

It's a winner. Real handy if your phone supports USB OTG and is an Android.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by Holden202T »

yeah with VL400's stock of loggers depleted and my brother wanting a logging option when racing we started looking at this .... the tablet in the above video is a cheapy off ebay which actually comes with an OTG cable, so it all works pretty well.....

eventually the plan will be to convert the ecu to SXR interface and get an ALDL usb interface and fit the usual aldl under dash plug to it, but for the mean time the serial interface is working just fine.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: ALDLDroid Android App

Post by kojab »

Holden202T What tablet model/type did you buy off ebay and how much. I never got my ALDI Andriod working with this great app.