Stroked and poked Q
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Stroked and poked Q
For what it's worth my car was dynoed at 252rwkw with blue tops and stock pump reg lines the lot. 12.5AFR with the dyno wide band in the tail pipe. VR V8 commodore.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stroked and poked Q
well sounds like they flow a fare amount.
Did you ever measure the fuel pressure at full noise?
Did you ever measure the fuel pressure at full noise?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Stroked and poked Q
No I haven't. It's a HSV model car but I'm sure they are the same fuel system it's only a Clubsport.
Even then the strokers were only 215 and I'm sure they were the same too.
Even then the strokers were only 215 and I'm sure they were the same too.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: Stroked and poked Q
I am running vs in tank in the boat no problems and that's 12 x 19 lb injectors ,swapping to 25 lb ones and not expecting drama's with fuel pressure posted test results of various pumps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Stroked and poked Q
Gee, i was always lead to believe the opposite in reguards to the walbro
I used the aeromotive in the race car
I used the aeromotive in the race car
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Stroked and poked Q
A mate has a walbro intank in a VK running a VS big tank. Very quite and feeding a 355 no worries.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stroked and poked Q
problem is genuine walbro are almost impossible to find and verify due to market saturation of very elaborate counterfeits . So those test could well be the fake.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Stroked and poked Q
I havnt got a problem with the Bosch 070 that currently using beside the fact I have very little room for it ( I don't like fuel pumps and lines near hot exhaust and moving suspension parts and also when I get down to roughly a 1/4 tank it suffers fuel surge. So I'm going to go to a VT style pump which from what I've heard should fix all the problems, and be safer which is my main concern. Keep the ideas coming guys !
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Stroked and poked Q
Stock VT pump will be ok. Look at all the modified LS engines on stock pumps.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Stroked and poked Q
Exactly, although they don't run a return line and have reg built in to pump module. The other option is a fffffffd pump from a BA, it will suit the tank better as the HQ tank is very shallow, wide and long so the VT style will need a lot of cutting and shutting if it was to work, as a bonus the ffff one is a Delphi which is actualy GM so I can live with that 