Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by firebug »

I sure can when I get home. Early next week?
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

I edited my post with one more measurement.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by ralcool »

vlad01 wrote:can someone get me a measurement from the crank center to the SC shaft center?

Just need a reference measurement for a potential alternative to the eaton to check bonnet clearance.

Also if possible, the intake manifold height from the valley to the SC mounting face.
I can answer that....

375mm Crank center to SC center.

76mm Manifold, SC mounting face to bottom of valley/manifold

Hope that's of use. Cheers.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by Holden202T »

firebugs just fits under the bonnet of the gemini!
ecomoo
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 1:34 am
cars: 81 Mitsubishi Sigma EFI 351
83 Gemini ute 3.8 v6 (under construction)
2013 Focus ST
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by ecomoo »

Well if you're taking requests can you please measure from the front gearbox crossmember/body bolt to the front of the trans, I'm curious to know if our engines are in the same position

Cheers
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

cheers for that.

just working out if a whipple kit would fit in a vp as they have an intercooler plate.

There is only 30-40mm clearance with a stock engine so odds are very slim for this particular kit.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by HQ355 »

I have spare cut off wheels for the grinder, it will fit ! Seriously how about a group a scoop ? Barely noticeable and factory so all good ?
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlt304 »

superchargers are meant too hang through the bonnet I say put a bugcatcher on top :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

nope, stock is how it will look.

All good it will fit provided I have a custom adapter plate made and not use the IC plate as they are about 50-60mm thick

IC is not necessary at relatively mild boost on E85 with efficient whipple and also alloy heads. Their outlet temps are a lot lower than the crappy eaton.

The kit is made to be used on petrol so another reason to do without the IC.
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by ralcool »

I have a SC pulley removal tool. Only used once. ;) Bought on ebay over a year back.

Would lend it for the price of postage.. and maybe a sixpack...lol