I think the chip is stock I'm guessing that it was changed back at some stage.
looking at the check sum cf the one I down loaded here all looks to be the same ... Oh well time to try flash tool I guess, unless I can work out the new check sum with the vats turned off.
Striped down vx tune
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
Actually using the difference tool shows differences looks like it might be good after all
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
what do you guys think? timing map looks odd like 10 deg less timing than the one I'm comparing it to maybe I have the wrong xdf or bin or they put timing in somewhere else?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Striped down vx tune
needs VY V6_$060B v2.4 xdf to read
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
thanks wizard, what would be the factory bin for this ? I cant see it on the page there, the one i have tried looks better with the other xdf
Also is there any way I can calculate a new check sum? I can't rember how I did this with a mem cal I assume it would need up dating there too or does it not look at it on start up?
IE if you change settings in tuner pro (non realtime) and try to reflash (eprom burner)wouldn't it need a new check sum?
Also is there any way I can calculate a new check sum? I can't rember how I did this with a mem cal I assume it would need up dating there too or does it not look at it on start up?
IE if you change settings in tuner pro (non realtime) and try to reflash (eprom burner)wouldn't it need a new check sum?
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Striped down vx tune
i differenced it against a couple of the stock bins off here not many changes p/e airflow limit to try save fuel and lower fan temps and all the other normal chiptorque mods
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
Normal torque chip mods...?
-
pas94
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 am
Re: Striped down vx tune
Any idea on the above question about check sum? That's all that's stopping me now.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Striped down vx tune
A good xdf will re calculate that for you and or flash tool as well. Look at the enhanced bin's they have it set to AA which makes the code by pass that check. Set it to AA then when flashing let flash tool do its calculate function and should be good.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Striped down vx tune
normally flash with vl400's flashtool that automagically fixes checksum for me LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem