How to loose 200kgs?....

User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

well spotted, these aren't offered with a V6 mount, thats tonights job to weld on the plates I've had pressed up to suit, will post pics after that.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by immortality »

Biggvl wrote:well spotted, these aren't offered with a V6 mount, thats tonights job to weld on the plates I've had pressed up to suit, will post pics after that.
:thumbup:


edit:there may be enough extra room to drop the engine height a bit and lower the C of G to improve handling?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

We dropped the engine about an inch (as much as practicle), im not happy with my mount design so photos will have to wait...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Got a run last night and gathered some good data, I'd love some input from others, it got pretty hot in the first log...

Managed to get the chassis really dialled in and was able to do some paint swapping with the gen3 boys :thumbup:
11P_1B00 (2).XDL
11P_1B06.XDL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

How many of the other 9 cars out there was 6 cylinder? Sounded like yours was the only one? or one of very few.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Well here i am again, almost ready for the big 100 lapper next weekend, going over and over every detail on the car, making sure i've go enough spares to rebuild the car at the track... I wonder what will go wrong this time :roll:

Can't believe its almost been a year since i took to the car with the grinder :lol: getting antsie now...

On a side note, 1000 posts :punk:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

so this weekend coming or the following?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

He said next weekend ! Where's it at big "g" ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by vlad01 »

but its still the weekend so to me that can mean either the new one coming or the following after that if you count this one over which its actually not technically speaking.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by HQ355 »

He said next weekend !