marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
Thanks Dylan ,I did a few changes to the VE myself they are very close to what you did, although your VE table is a lot smoother than mine I shall give your bin a try. Good to know I'm on the right track, going away for weekend so can't try it out for a while,
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
That's ok hopefully it gets some results. Every chance it'll need some more AE still, if so start with the AE multiplier VS RPM table.
After making changes I just smooth the cells around it and then log again and see how it came up.
After making changes I just smooth the cells around it and then log again and see how it came up.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
had a bit of a play with ae and have worked it out but I shall wait till boats on the water to get it right
what does concern me is timing is being pulled out at various revs ,for no reason that I can see ,good example is at 4.50 and 5.35 on log
what does concern me is timing is being pulled out at various revs ,for no reason that I can see ,good example is at 4.50 and 5.35 on log
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
silly me ,my timing concern is the soft rev limit I shall move it up 500rpm
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
ah ha yes, trap for young players 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
watching out for knock retard and if you have it enabled with sensors installed, false knock is a killer.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
I was wondering should I have the cranking input flag checked as I have it wired so B2 goes to battery voltage on cranking,
I just noticed in my logs cranking time counter is at 25.5 and I only need to crank engine for an instant
I just noticed in my logs cranking time counter is at 25.5 and I only need to crank engine for an instant
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
just tried cranking input flag the other way and still the same?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
That was only used on the V6's something to do with the backfire inhibit. I'd unwire it and leave the flags at stock V8.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: marinized v12 running 2 x 808's
I just wired the crank input in today