Programming New Commodore Key Head
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
It's still genuine only difference is it has a new battery and an aftermarket shell !
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
Thanks Biggvl,
As you already know I've been burnt more than once buying non genuine (fucking radiator cap
) so genuine FTW. Am I right in assuming that the whole process including programming can be done in a few minutes, so I could just rock up on a Saturday morning and get one?
HQ355. I've read good and bad stories about de-soldering/soldering a new battery into the keyhead, and since I'd like a spare key, buying a new one is the only option.
I don't mind spending what needs to be spent, but I don't like saving a few bucks and ending up with busted cheap shit a few months down the road.
Thanks.
Chuff
As you already know I've been burnt more than once buying non genuine (fucking radiator cap
HQ355. I've read good and bad stories about de-soldering/soldering a new battery into the keyhead, and since I'd like a spare key, buying a new one is the only option.
I don't mind spending what needs to be spent, but I don't like saving a few bucks and ending up with busted cheap shit a few months down the road.
Thanks.
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
It is a while you wait job, yes.
If you have a blade cut before getting here I'll put it all together for you and you'll leave with two keys.
PM me if you want to go ahead (not open to public on Saturdays)
If you have a blade cut before getting here I'll put it all together for you and you'll leave with two keys.
PM me if you want to go ahead (not open to public on Saturdays)
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
Thanks Biggvl,Biggvl wrote:It is a while you wait job, yes.
If you have a blade cut before getting here I'll put it all together for you and you'll leave with two keys.
PM me if you want to go ahead (not open to public on Saturdays)
I'm definitely going to buy genuine so more than likely I'll be seeing you, but I'll have to get the wife to make alternative arrangements to get to/from work so I can have the car for the day. I'll PM you once I get that organised as well as getting a blade cut.
Thanks.
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
Should have sent my key to you!Biggvl wrote:Im $90 for genuine Holden programmed...
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
I do the same as Biggvl up here with tech2, I get my genuine keys from here
http://www.sclkeeler.com.au/holden-comm ... -chip.html
http://www.sclkeeler.com.au/holden-comm ... -chip.html
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
love how the video just showed everyone how to steal vy and vz commodores for 69 bucks LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
Well not really - if thats what your doing there is still the physical door and keybarrel locks. But each part of the system makes it harder and thats the intent.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
OZ38
- Posts: 306
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
- cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
If you key still works this maybe of help.
http://www.maparts.com.au/products/holden/kf203/video
Its no good if your key doesnt work, but if your button pads are gone, it works a treat!
Retail around $20 from places like Covs.
Available for a range of popular cars.
Cheers
Deek
http://www.maparts.com.au/products/holden/kf203/video
Its no good if your key doesnt work, but if your button pads are gone, it works a treat!
Retail around $20 from places like Covs.
Available for a range of popular cars.
Cheers
Deek
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Programming New Commodore Key Head
Just got back from buying a genuine GMH Key Head from Biggvl for $90 which included having it programmed as an additional key.
PERFECT!!
Thanks Biggvl.
Chuff
PERFECT!!
Thanks Biggvl.
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs