This is what it looks like so far. I think it is getting pretty close. The ve table looks a bit scrappy with ridges and troughs through it, but for some reason this is what it wants.
In addition to the ve and spark, I have had to adjust the fueling on cranking and the inverse temperature table. I am still not 100% happy with cold starts, it coughs and almost stalls out for the first few seconds. It was running a bit lean when cold too, but adjusting the inverse temp table seems to have taken care of that.
tuning higher rpm range
-
9c1vs
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
- cars: 9c1 vs 5spd
Re: tuning higher rpm range
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: tuning higher rpm range
Got a log of THAT bin?
-
9c1vs
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
- cars: 9c1 vs 5spd
Re: tuning higher rpm range
Unfortunately not. I didn't hit the record button this afternoon. I'll run one tomorrow morning.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: tuning higher rpm range
Post it up I'll have a look for sure. Are you making changes to the VE from when the engine is warm only? And looking at data from steady state sections? Not knocking your work just curious it should react pretty consistent with a smooth VE table. After smoothing surrounding cells and re logging it to verify it will come together it's not a quick process.
-
9c1vs
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
- cars: 9c1 vs 5spd
Re: tuning higher rpm range
I've been waiting until it warm before i start logging. Mainly I've been using the ve calculator spreadsheet. I have been using the running average from this table to see lean and rich areas. I have also done a run tuning real time with a mate in the car. I've only been tuning since the weekend so its probably not quite right yet.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: tuning higher rpm range
Might get some better results now it's in the ball park using the monitor windows watching the TPS MAP target AFR and actual AFR and RPM and look for variations.
-
9c1vs
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
- cars: 9c1 vs 5spd
Re: tuning higher rpm range
Excellent, I'll run a log tomorrow morning and have a crack at doing that.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: tuning higher rpm range
I'm on my phone and to lazy to look it up but is it stock intake? Ive tuned a 304 with flat tops and a 276 it came up great.
-
9c1vs
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm
- cars: 9c1 vs 5spd
Re: tuning higher rpm range
Stock intake for now, but will have a torque power dual plane hi rise on soon. It has high comp pistons too and been decked, so compression's up. I know there are still areas that need work with this tune, but this is what I have come up with so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.