Hi Guys,
I picked up one of those ebay Willem and I'm trying to get the thing to work. I have used a friends programmer many times without issues and have confimed blank chips with his programmer.
When I do a hardware test on the wilem, it seems ok and a get a hardware present response. Black checs always fail, and when I read a known blank chip, I get a readback of 90 throughout the whole buffer. Obviously programming anything is a useless excersise.
Any ideas or should or should it make a one way trip to the bin?
Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
-
simc
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm
- cars: supercharged v6 gemini
ba xr6 turbo
1966 v8 fairmont
Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
Current Rides:
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
have you loaded port95nt driver
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
what is the chip your trying to program ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
simc
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm
- cars: supercharged v6 gemini
ba xr6 turbo
1966 v8 fairmont
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
Attempting to load a 27c256.
port95nt , nope I have not heard of that before. Im running windows XP on an older laptop with a parallel port. I don’t recall seeing that mentioned in the setup manual either.
Anyone have the file handy?
port95nt , nope I have not heard of that before. Im running windows XP on an older laptop with a parallel port. I don’t recall seeing that mentioned in the setup manual either.
Anyone have the file handy?
Current Rides:
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
Yeer ha .
I just started my car up on a 29f002 flash chip that i programmed using an old pc.
Using a bios flash utility and a old pc with 32 pin dip 2m flash chip i was able to leave bootlock on top half of chip and keep the other 128k free to put delco code on .This means the pc will still boot in bootlock , enabling me to put chip back in pc and reprogram without having to put chip in burner to flash full bios back on first.The only other way to get past doing this was to have two chips-,one to boot pc on ,then with pc still on swap chips and hotflash the second which also worked well.
Using a bios flash utility and a old pc with 32 pin dip 2m flash chip i was able to leave bootlock on top half of chip and keep the other 128k free to put delco code on .This means the pc will still boot in bootlock , enabling me to put chip back in pc and reprogram without having to put chip in burner to flash full bios back on first.The only other way to get past doing this was to have two chips-,one to boot pc on ,then with pc still on swap chips and hotflash the second which also worked well.
-
Dec_head
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm
- cars: VR Calais
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
http://www.sivava.com/download.html
They have the lastest software updates
Heres the guide for setup
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23948225/Un ... -Guide-V12
They have the lastest software updates
Heres the guide for setup
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23948225/Un ... -Guide-V12
-
simc
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm
- cars: supercharged v6 gemini
ba xr6 turbo
1966 v8 fairmont
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
Well I ran the driver file, now installed on the PC. I fired up the willem software (reinstalled the latest version) which I think is the same version I was already running.
I had the same issue.
Is there something else I am missing? Do I need to have the port95nt running or something when programming?
I printed out the Quick start guide… still no mention of this… arrrrggg
I saw the XP compatible comment on the website, but not much further.
I had the same issue.
Is there something else I am missing? Do I need to have the port95nt running or something when programming?
I printed out the Quick start guide… still no mention of this… arrrrggg
I saw the XP compatible comment on the website, but not much further.
Current Rides:
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
-
ToyHicko
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
- cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
- Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
This maybe a silly question are the dip switch and jumpers set correctly for the chip? I know i had a simular problem then i released i had one jumper incorect.
-
simc
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm
- cars: supercharged v6 gemini
ba xr6 turbo
1966 v8 fairmont
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
I have the jumpers set as per the diagram displayed on the willem software... confirmed them about ten times.
Starting from the left for a 27c256 U=UP or ON D= DOWN or OFF
UUDDUUDUUDDD
Starting from the left for a 27c256 U=UP or ON D= DOWN or OFF
UUDDUUDUUDDD
Current Rides:
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Willem Progammer - Blank check & Read issues
There are various different editions of willem, some of them have the switches mounted the other way around to the other. there is a toggle button up the top to switch how they are displayed. In the picture you can see the 3 pin jumper down the end. Check everything is aligned properly, the end starting at 1, the on/off sides of the bank and the positioning in relation to the jumper.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396