I came across your forums and was wondering if anyone here could point me to a direction in being able to get my car tuned.
I have a 2012 FG MK2 EcoLPi and am wanting to tune the car. It's currently supported on HP Tuners but adjusting that of the fuel table doesn't result in anything for the car. Ie nothing happens.
My first impression was that you are unable to alter set parameters on an Orbital Gas System (which is used on an EcoLPI). But everything should be controlled on the Ford ECU end as the car is dedicated gas leaning to me that there should be a way to alter fuel parameters.
Literally do not know where to go to now and would appreciate any effort to help me
The only other software/hardware package I can think of for Australian 6 cylinder Fords is SCT. My gut feeling is HPT is the better option though. Google Herrod Motorsports (they are the Australian dealer for SCT) and ask them if anyone has successfully tuned an EcoLPi FG with SCT.
MAGP wrote:The only other software/hardware package I can think of for Australian 6 cylinder Fords is SCT. My gut feeling is HPT is the better option though. Google Herrod Motorsports (they are the Australian dealer for SCT) and ask them if anyone has successfully tuned an EcoLPi FG with SCT.
SCT do not support EcoLPI. I've gotten my car supported on HP Tuners but the puzzling thing is that I can't touch the fuel side of things. Adjusting values does nothing. Also when I look at the Injector Values, they are the exact same as that of a NA Petrol XR6, which doesn't have the same injectors. This puzzles me.
In short I need to find out how someone had tuned a Vialle Gas System.
I'm sorry I do not remember how that model was setup, does it have the spud mounted in the throttle body like the earlier ones or does it have LPG injectors?
MAGP wrote:The only other software/hardware package I can think of for Australian 6 cylinder Fords is SCT. My gut feeling is HPT is the better option though. Google Herrod Motorsports (they are the Australian dealer for SCT) and ask them if anyone has successfully tuned an EcoLPi FG with SCT.
SCT do not support EcoLPI. I've gotten my car supported on HP Tuners but the puzzling thing is that I can't touch the fuel side of things. Adjusting values does nothing. Also when I look at the Injector Values, they are the exact same as that of a NA Petrol XR6, which doesn't have the same injectors. This puzzles me.
In short I need to find out how someone had tuned a Vialle Gas System.
Ill check the factory manual, will see if there is a separate module at all included with the LPG's.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Only thing I could find in regards to how it all works together..
FG image.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi wrote:Only thing I could find in regards to how it all works together..
FG image.JPG
Everything seems to be reading fine on HP Tuners. So I shall go visit a tuner and see what we can do. Thanks for posting this image up too slowly learning more about the car
EDIT: This also gets me thinking if I could use say some sort of fuel pump voltage booster etc ?
What is the strategy when you read the vehicle? There are possibly maps dedicated to this stuff that HPT/SCT have not mapped through.
We may or may not have the maps to support this if you can let me know what the strategy is. Eg the HACCK** OSID you see displayed when you read the PCM.
Door catchcode would also help.
I'm not sure how the pump works but if I had to guess it just piggy backs off the injector signal in which case tuning the normal fuel maps should indeed affect the fuel output.
I doubt the PCM has a dedicated output for it but it is possible.