vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

vlt304 wrote:you can get a bell housing that fits a ford type t5 up to a holden v6. might be the only strong option with the aftermarket gear set only downside is gearbox is moved forward and yucky f##d parts in ya car may make it catch rust.

The v6 box is based on the ford T5 so all the parts drop right in, and even the bellhouing pattern is mustang as what the V6 uses.

see if even says ford here, yes this is out of a V6 T5 :lol:

And this damn fucking bush I can't find anywhere, not even an aftermarket or universal equivalent.

yoke is 38.00mm or 1.496" and 95% of GM and Ford are 1.5". literally a poofteenth difference but enough that even difficult to get 1.5" bushes are a loose fit.

its like a metric ID and imperial 1-5/8" OD and length is imperial too at 1-1/4"

Might have to go custom on this bastard.
Attachments
IMG_0761.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

see, here is a mustang T5 bellhousing. have bolt locations as the V6.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1993-Musta ... Of&vxp=mtr
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

http://www.rodshop.com.au/index.php/bel ... using.html that is 1. the bush can be either custom or get the yoke built up or put a sleeve on it to make up the clearance. I have seen the ford logo on that bush was it a BorgWarner t5 or tremec 1? all the BorgWarner ones I have removed had ford on them the tremec ones just had a part number tho it has been some time since I was in that game 15ish years so I may be wrong.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Thats fine for race cars when used with the holden V8 style case, but given the V6 shaft is just shy of 12" and Ford ones are 9 1/4". That places the shifter under the radio in a street car lol.

yeah my box is BW, tremec took over about 1998 so the manual falcons from that period onward will have the tremec box.

tailshaft isn't an option to mod, its already done and cost a ton to get reco so I ain't touching it :lol:
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

vlad01 wrote:Thats fine for race cars when used with the holden V8 style case, but given the V6 shaft is just shy of 12" and Ford ones are 9 1/4". That places the shifter under the radio in a street car lol.

yeah my box is BW, tremec took over about 1998 so the manual falcons from that period onward will have the tremec box.

tailshaft isn't an option to mod, its already done and cost a ton to get reco so I ain't touching it :lol:
Very easy to shorten a tail shaft at home. I have done it may times.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

TdracerTd wrote:
vlad01 wrote:Thats fine for race cars when used with the holden V8 style case, but given the V6 shaft is just shy of 12" and Ford ones are 9 1/4". That places the shifter under the radio in a street car lol.

no the input shaft is what I was taikng about.

tailshaft issue is the odd bush size. I can see its a metric ID and all else is imperial.

So that means a new yoke for a already improbably bush to find if I were to retrofit it. I'd rather just have a bush custom made.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

TD how do you get it re-balanced?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
TdracerTd
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Post by TdracerTd »

psyolent wrote:
TD how do you get it re-balanced?
I take the balancing weights off before shortening taking careful note of what orientation they were in. Also, when you remove the yoke, you need to be careful of it's orientation also. I use a v block setup made from some angle iron and a dial gauge to check the yoke for run out before tacking, after tacking and then after finish welding. Very straight forward and I have never had one that I could tell was out of balance in the car, and more importantly I have never had one fail.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'll pass on that.

Anyway I got an engineering mob in airport west willing to make me custom bushes if they can't find suitable ones themselves.

So looks like I might have a win finally.