Engine: 5.0l
trans: t56 6 speed manual
Diff: 3.08-1 (will be changing to 4.11 soon)
Exhaust: pacemaker ph5002 twin stainless 2-1/2 in cats twin Center mufflers merged into single 3 inch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Installed it today.
Really firmed up the back end. And seems to have dramatically helped with axle tramp. I think combined with better shocks this is a great upgrade. I guess for a couple of hundred more you could probably get a Harrop diff cover.
But I'm happy with the result
Look into asymmetrical drive shafts. Ones where one is really thick and the other is thin. This was an aftermarket upgrade for Pontiac and VE holdens and soon become oem now days. Stops wheel hop altogether without any mount upgrades or suspension changes as each shaft has a different torsional resonance which destructively interfere eliminating hop.
IMA355-2 wrote:Got it on eBay full billet. No welds etc
Tuff mounts are doing a similar thing now too.
Gee, most of the billet got converted into swarf! I was wondering when I saw it if they welded it and then CNC milled over the top to clean it up... Hope they have their own smelter to convert the swarf back into billet
Wow vlad never heard of asymmetrical dive shafts lol but the theory makes sense. I guess on front wheel drive cars on axle is short and 1 long and never suffer from axle tramp unless something is seriously stuffed!! I'll look into it.
Hard to compare this mount to the factory one given I've only driven the car for a short time since installing. But it feels a lot tighter.
its not the length, its the diameter difference that shop it hopping.
fwd cars suffer the worst wheel hop, I swear the company car I drive at work is leaving the ground when it wheel hops. No shit it hits full suspension travel on the slightest hint of wheel spin.