Hi all, i'm currently doing a conversion using an E38 -t42 set up for 4l80e, going through the file on HPT i see a section that allows you to turn on Tapshift. What i'm wanting to know is it achievable for a 4 speed transmission to have a functioning tapshft without a BCM.
I know the 6l80e can be done without a BCM there is a company that has made a module that communicates via Can, or you can use a 2010-12corvette o/s with some resistors and make it work. But from all research i have done i cant find anyone that has a 4l60-4l80e working with tapshift, and a factory TCU. any helps or leads would be appreciated.
E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
Requires a separate module bud. Special command gets sent out which tells the car to change gears. Thats what the "module" does.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
Is that module available mate I found a company that do it for the 6l80e but it's fairly expensive,
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
The reason that company probably charges alot is because it does require custom hardware, knowledge and understand to have reverse engineer the transmission requests and calls in the car.80gus wrote:Is that module available mate I found a company that do it for the 6l80e but it's fairly expensive,
I don't have a public module available to do that though. I did make a proof of concept video... if I can ever find it.. showing tap shift being performed via canbus.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
It's not the case it's expensive it's a case that it's not know to work on a t42. I would happily buy it if I knew it would work. Be great to watch the video Tazzi thanks for your reply
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
Ah right, I just realised your talking about T42.
Iv only done my tested on T43.
Didnt the SV6 VZ's have tap shift?
Id assume they would also be CAN based to alert the gear change. But.. it might not be the same sequence as T43. Would have to jump in a VZ for some hours to know for certain.
Iv only done my tested on T43.
Didnt the SV6 VZ's have tap shift?
Id assume they would also be CAN based to alert the gear change. But.. it might not be the same sequence as T43. Would have to jump in a VZ for some hours to know for certain.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
The 5 speed auto did but I don't believe that used the t42.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
Ahhhhhh.. Yes, I do recall it being a 5speed.80gus wrote:The 5 speed auto did but I don't believe that used the t42.
Maybe one of the other lads can chime in here for what is used?
Ill check the factory manual and see what it says.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
Seimens TCU looking at Ebay, it shows that the clip into the same location but are completely different to look at.Tazzi wrote:Ahhhhhh.. Yes, I do recall it being a 5speed.80gus wrote:The 5 speed auto did but I don't believe that used the t42.
Maybe one of the other lads can chime in here for what is used?
Ill check the factory manual and see what it says.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: E38 T42 tapshift 4 speed
I imagine it will accept the TUTD commands. Its more a matter of spending the time to give it a go80gus wrote:Seimens TCU looking at Ebay, it shows that the clip into the same location but are completely different to look at.Tazzi wrote:Ahhhhhh.. Yes, I do recall it being a 5speed.80gus wrote:The 5 speed auto did but I don't believe that used the t42.
Maybe one of the other lads can chime in here for what is used?
Ill check the factory manual and see what it says.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
