Help Please

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Nowonmaii
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:57 am
cars: VZ Adventra LX8
1976 G60 Patrol 253

Help Please

Post by Nowonmaii »

Hi all,

Steve here and I apologise in advance because I'll most probably be a one-post wonder but I'm hoping this forum will be the answer to my prayers.
I have a 2004 Adventra LX8 with 118K on the clock which suddenly developed a strange problem.
Symptoms as follows:
Starting - battery clicks like it's flat then kicks over as if the starter is searching for it's teeth then starts and runs fine.
Running - No fuel or temp gauge, ABS light on, TRAC off.
Now my mechanic had it for 3 days (and charged me zip :thumbup: ) and thinks the power interface module has crapped itself.
He contacted our local Holden dealer who wasn't interested as they no longer supply the PIM (or PCM?) and as the car is over 10 years old I should be buying a new one from them.
Yeah right.
He suggested a 2nd hand module that will need to be programmed into my car's computer system.
Can anyone suggest someone in the Newcastle area who can help me with this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated because I'm stressing a bit and have just had to cancel my annual fishing trip because of this.
Last edited by Nowonmaii on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Help Please

Post by Dylan »

Make contact with the member Tazzi on here. Although he's in Perth he's up with all the different modules and communication on them.
Nowonmaii
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:57 am
cars: VZ Adventra LX8
1976 G60 Patrol 253

Re: Help Please

Post by Nowonmaii »

Dylan wrote:Make contact with the member Tazzi on here. Although he's in Perth he's up with all the different modules and communication on them.
Cheers Dylan