Hey Vlad notice it has a group A scoop on bonnet ! It will fit with cooler, you won't be in stealth mode with that wine and your going to need some footware to hook that upwozza wrote:Me likes this vid bettervlad01 wrote:example below.
I have been talking to this guy Justin at BYE performance.
yes this is a L67 and nothing fancy like NO2 just all the good internal bits you can buy. Supposedly around 800-850 at the crank.
you can see that instantaneous peak torque, coz its peak everywhere![]()
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTVOuJa6JI[/youtube]
certainly sounds awesome.. for a v6 hmmmm gotta get me one
Firebug's V6 Gemini
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
yeah he said he love them scoops and have them on all the holdens. There is no hole in the bonnet skin, just the crossmember under the skin.
it only whines under load, when cruising the bypass valve does the stealth mode. Stealth mode is no longer relevant when you are overtaking sideways anyway.
it only whines under load, when cruising the bypass valve does the stealth mode. Stealth mode is no longer relevant when you are overtaking sideways anyway.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
ok got a weird one for you all..... this cars alternator is being a whore!
so we have been having charging issues, we tried a few different things and in the end firebug got a brand new regulator..... and the issue is still there.
so the first problem is that the battery light doesn't come on with ignition on, we have confirmed the power wire side of the circuit has power with ignition on and we have also confirmed that if you ground the brown wire in the alternator plug that the light comes on, so we are happy that the circuit is right ....
as i understand it, the regulator should ground the brown wire when the ignition is on and engine NOT running, then when you start it, the ligtht goes out as theres 12v being fed up the brown wire.
we've tried test lights and such in case the light had some funky shit going on inside it.
even tried running a wire from alternator brown to the light to make sure the loom isn't the issue ....
the odd part is that the volt meter is showing 14v with the engine running!!! but the problem is sometimes it just doesn't charge, but this may have been just the old regulator..... my concern is that if it stops charging we wont get a light on the dash.
still very confused as to why the light doesn't come on with ignition and not really sure what else to try ?
any / all suggestions welcomed!
so we have been having charging issues, we tried a few different things and in the end firebug got a brand new regulator..... and the issue is still there.
so the first problem is that the battery light doesn't come on with ignition on, we have confirmed the power wire side of the circuit has power with ignition on and we have also confirmed that if you ground the brown wire in the alternator plug that the light comes on, so we are happy that the circuit is right ....
as i understand it, the regulator should ground the brown wire when the ignition is on and engine NOT running, then when you start it, the ligtht goes out as theres 12v being fed up the brown wire.
we've tried test lights and such in case the light had some funky shit going on inside it.
even tried running a wire from alternator brown to the light to make sure the loom isn't the issue ....
the odd part is that the volt meter is showing 14v with the engine running!!! but the problem is sometimes it just doesn't charge, but this may have been just the old regulator..... my concern is that if it stops charging we wont get a light on the dash.
still very confused as to why the light doesn't come on with ignition and not really sure what else to try ?
any / all suggestions welcomed!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
When I bought a new alternator it had a note inside the box about the charge wire light and I'm sure it said it needs to be 3w or less or something like that or it would stuff something up?
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
That's the Bosch 85 amp ones, what alternator is it actualy running ?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
Is it a GM alternator? I think some of the later one's are controlled by the BCM with like a PWM type signal. Only what I've read it could be wrong.
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
I can only assume it's whatever Holden put on a stock VX1 L67. I certainly haven't changed anything in that regard other than replacing the VR.
However when I had it off the car a couple of days ago I did notice how clean and fresh it looked. It may have been replaced prior to me owning it, who knows. I'll confirm as soon as I can...
However when I had it off the car a couple of days ago I did notice how clean and fresh it looked. It may have been replaced prior to me owning it, who knows. I'll confirm as soon as I can...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
it could have something else going on in there. Try replacing the whole unit and see what happens.
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
Took some pics for the train spotters. Looks legit to me...




Last edited by firebug on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini
I though that was introduced with the VE's?Dylan wrote:Is it a GM alternator? I think some of the later one's are controlled by the BCM with like a PWM type signal. Only what I've read it could be wrong.