Hello everyone
I'm new to efi tuning and am learning on an autoprom 1 and tunerpro rt. I have a 1985 pontiac fiero with a 1990 2.3l dohc out of a pontiac grand am. The ecm 1228707 $8B mask. I'm looking for a code/mask to run this thing with a supercharger, maybe super/turbo combination if I can some how wrap my mind around a turbo map and everything you need to know to match to engine.
Anyway was told by someone on gearheadefi to look into 12P, I may have a slim chance 12P would work with my 8707 ecm, would 12P working In a 8707 be a possibility? Wiring in a new ecm isn't that big of a deal but would like to avoid it....
Probably not.... But can you post up a high res pic of the circuit board? We can see if it looks like it might be a compatible ecu that so far is not on our radar.
Ok I have a 165 from a 1988 pontiac trans am tpi motor. I will also get a pic of board and I have wiring diagrams I'll put up too. Mine uses low z injectors, 2.9 ohms give or take, I will have to change injectors for the 165 huh? Or is that what a resistor box is for??
Yes low z only supported for TPI or use a resistor box but then its hard to tune dead time for good idle as the factory injector dead time specs for the injectors will no longer be true. Depending what your aiming for big high impedance injectors with known dead time specs might be worth while.
We know the 165 is definately compatible, no need to post pics. Same as our vr manual computer and same as 808 with comms fitted.
I forgot to include that the engine I'm using does not have a distributer, there's a duel coil pack, CDI I think they call it. Will the 165 work with distributerless ignition?
And what is pcm for the VE? I tried to google it but couldn't pin point anything and read a tread here about using it.
I have no problem switching to best/user friendly pcm.