Hi guys
I have a VS series 3 ute that I'm putting a 383 Stroker into. Now To get around the maf issue I've been informed to run a vs v8 424 PCM and a VS series 1-2 engine harness. I'm also running a manualised 4L60E transmission so what should I be running in the pcm. Does it get set up as though it has a manual box or still the auto with the 11p map?
Cheers
VS series 3 maf issues
-
abambrook
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:19 am
-
v8-tuning
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am
- cars: 304 commodore
Re: VS series 3 maf issues
Id be doing the vs v8 424 conversion, it all plugs in and will be easier to tune.
As for the manualized trans, run 11p and turn off any auto codes if they come up.
As for the manualized trans, run 11p and turn off any auto codes if they come up.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: VS series 3 maf issues
Certainly be easier than trying to find a manual trans harness.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: VS series 3 maf issues
Just be aware that depending on what state you are in the rego authorities will probably be expecting to see a MAF on the new engine. I have seen cases in NSW where an engine swap has been done and the "Blue" slip has not been completed because the engine controls were not installed.abambrook wrote:Hi guys
I have a VS series 3 ute that I'm putting a 383 Stroker into. Now To get around the maf issue I've been informed to run a vs v8 424 PCM and a VS series 1-2 engine harness. I'm also running a manualised 4L60E transmission so what should I be running in the pcm. Does it get set up as though it has a manual box or still the auto with the 11p map?
Cheers
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VS series 3 maf issues
stick it in the inlet tube with the wiring going off into the loom, doesn't need to do anything 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VS series 3 maf issues
MAF issue?
-
abambrook
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:19 am
Re: VS series 3 maf issues
Cheers guys that's been a big help thanks!