Dylan wrote:Is it a GM alternator? I think some of the later one's are controlled by the BCM with like a PWM type signal. Only what I've read it could be wrong.
I though that was introduced with the VE's?
Yep thats right
Something is very not right here, this shouldn't be a difficult problem to work out. Grab yourself a 5w globe in a base (parker from an old wreck) crimp a push on termial on one end and bear the other wire, hook it up to the L terminal and to the B termial/charge output termial and see if the light comes on, if it does, its on the car side, if it doesn't there's something bigger wrong with that alternator...
They are different housings, it won't fit... The internals are the same from N/A to L67 (as long as they're both bosch and of the same output rating) so you could swap the housings if needed.
Biggvl wrote:Check that the 'brown wire' is going to the L terminal on the reg... I bet it is on S...
Ahem... Theoretically speaking, if these wires were around the wrong way, what sort of damage would the theoretical owner see occur to the voltage regulator and/or alternator?