Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Dylan »

Last one's I brought were ouright and reco from US eBay about $120 USD.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

do you have the model they come from?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

That's what I'm after for my Senator but finding those calipers/brackets is the hard part. The other option is to upgrade the whole rear end to VT style which I think is possible with IRS.

I too would be keen for any info you have.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Dylan »

I'll look them up tonight I have the part numbers on my PC. Think it was 86 corvette. I have the IRS HSV caliper bracket at home I'd part with for the right price. Got the front twin piston part numbers too but they're easy to pick.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

Looking at google images I think its corvette C5 and closer pics show its PBR made in Australia lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:I'll look them up tonight I have the part numbers on my PC. Think it was 86 corvette. I have the IRS HSV caliper bracket at home I'd part with for the right price. Got the front twin piston part numbers too but they're easy to pick.
that year is c4 and they have built in hand brake and looks quite different.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Dylan »

Yeah got to watch the handbrake it was earlier than the VN maybe its 84 85
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Dylan »

They're to late model. They have Corvette cast into the bracket and are a finned body.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Dylan »