Stock VT yes 315mm need 16".
Or get some corvette calipers and fit the brackets I have and run the HSV rear rotor with the rest of the VT gear.
Vlads Braking Thread Hijack
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Stock VT is still a solid rotor.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yes but VS HSV is 20mm vented and 280mm diameter. Those corvette calipers will fit that VS rotor and are finned. 315mm VT is vented rotor but the diameter wont clear 15's and then handbrake differences can snowball
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
What did the CV8zZ's run ? I think they were stock diameter but I'm 100% they were vented
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
They had a C5 front caliper on a 320mm rotor and 315mm rears all powder coated.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Thats annoying none of the corvette calipers on ebay come with brackets.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I think I linked some seperate? I'll find the reco one's hopefully I got last time hopefully. Complete sandblasted reco no core to.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Yeah so going the VS GTS style vented rotor and matching caliper would be the best route me thinks and would suit my VS Senator too.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
other alternative is adapt some other calipers. The VT ones have a disk of 16-18mm and the group A is 20mm so even if you used a VT calipers adapted they might not fit on.
I emailed the mob in the first link I posted to see what they say about the corvette C5 calipers. They look like they would adapt better and they are pretty cheap and available new.
I emailed the mob in the first link I posted to see what they say about the corvette C5 calipers. They look like they would adapt better and they are pretty cheap and available new.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Look similair ro VE spec? Im not up with anything post VZ.