Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by Dylan »

Those old Nissan ones work very well 4/2 piston combo
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by vlad01 »

but vt-vz stuff doesn't really fit the rear, whole point of the discussion to find alternatives. Front is no issue though.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by Dylan »

Run Nissan all round with the 2 piston rear on the HSV rear rotor? And the 4 piston front on the front HSV front rotor?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by vlad01 »

prefer not too, don't like jap car stuff on my cars lol.

I've had enough of nissan lately lol.

Whats the min wheel size for them?

I have a whole bunch of R31 rear calipers, all no good really. I kept them for spares for the VN-VS rears as the brackets, pins and boots are the same part.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by Dylan »

I know they clear 20's lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by vlad01 »

stuff that! I worked very hard to find a set of 16" walkys and I aint changing them! even 16" wheels look big to me. 15" ftw!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by Dylan »

17 might be ok on a 330mm rotor they are quite a slim caliper.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by vlad01 »

I worked out the VL-VS finned front calipers are the same front ones as the 1984-1987 C4 corvette just as a useless fact.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by HQ355 »

Most of the HSV upgrades are corvette as they were made by pbr here in aus so it was easy to source
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by vlad01 »

too bad this particular rear caliper isn't easy though.

Not new anyway. I wonder if its worth asking PBR here if they sell them new? about 4 years ago I was able to buy brand new finned front calipers.