Gregs Fleet

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: GregsVN

Post by vlad01 »

whats the mirror for?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: GregsVN

Post by HQ355 »

His tanning salon now it didn't fit ha ha
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

my VX vlad
yeah thanks HQ. i'll use the mirror to set yo ass on fire ;)

Image
see the shape of the mirror/door frame there is a 10mm gap up top :|

will have to figure out how to get the mirror out without breaking it ....
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: GregsVN

Post by HQ355 »

I assume it's a GTO mirror ? Get a sacrificial one you can pull apart and see if you can swap the mirror head over to the bit that mounts to the door. I'd say you'd smash the mirror trying to get it out
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

yes mate. happy to destroy the housing around the mirror to keep the glass :)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: GregsVN

Post by HQ355 »

I just consulted dr Google and it's easy as just change the mirror over, it's held in by a clip. If you get it in its inner most upper position aperently you can see it
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: GregsVN

Post by vlad01 »

why couldn't you get one from the wreckers?
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

inner most upper position
........right
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

vlad the mirror in the US for passenger side is factory blind spot. AU spec is a standard shit one.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: GregsVN

Post by vlad01 »

so you replaced with with the curvy type? but they are the blind spot ones, I got them on the company car and I can't even see with them at all limiting me to the rear view and right side head check only.

you obviously don't set your flat mirrors pointing out to give 360 vision without needing to even look over your shoulders then.